• This topic has 85 replies, 38 voices, and was last updated 11 years ago by D0NK.
Viewing 6 posts - 81 through 86 (of 86 total)
  • Bit of a warning…
  • Sandwich

His local tax office would be very happy to alleviate him of his tax liability and charge him a large fee for “forgetting” to pay in previous years if this is the case. They will even take anonymous phone-calls for this purpose. E-Bay etc will have a lovely record of past sales that will make assessing his income a doddle! 😈

IHN

I don’t know why people get their knickers in such a twist over the classifieds. People should be able to offer stuff for sale at whetever price they like and people should be able to pay (or not pay) whatever they like for stuff. If people manage to make a profit in the process then, frankly, good look to them. If someone’s willing to pay more than you for something, well, tough. We’re all adults, no-one is being forced into everything and, as my old Mum likes to say, we’re all big enough and daft enough to make decisions for ourselves.

Let’s not forget that it’s absolutely non-essential stuff that’s being sold here.

DezB
    Free Member

I’ve just put in a “Best Offer” : £570 🙂

GEDA
    Free Member

What is the “bit of a warning” then? Is it do a little research and don’t sell stuff too cheap as people may make a profit on what you sell them? Or is it warning people are on the look out for a bargain?

adjustablewench
    Free Member

Have been quite intrigued by this thread – surely a community has it’s entrepreneurs – and i’m sure an online community is no different.

Times are hard for all so you can’t blame someone for trying – what was more interesting was trying to look back in the history to see what peoples issues were with him

johnmiles – you’ve only been a member for 3 months but seem to have a big issue as nearly all your posts are directed at headsup, surely there’s a word for that – trolling

in this day an age of cyber bully’s etc i think people should be a bit careful

I weirdly joined this forum as my passion is cycling – i’ve rarely commented as so many seem to have the passion only for mud slinging.

D0NK

It’s far worse that people are allowed to only post in the classifieds

how do you run/enforce that? 10/20/100 posts before you can sell something? We’ll see so much dross* posted that the spambot posts will start to sound like well thought out pertinent additions. Or you have to be a member for x months? not great for embracing new members plus traders just have to remember to create multiple accounts a few months in advance. This is ignoring how difficult it might be to automate this rules (could be easy could be a nightmare dunno)

No, you have taken time to improve one of the forks (added value, if you will) and incurred costs (the other fork) doing so

didn’t Rscott say he got pulled up about doing something similar on page1? (i think PP’s reba and Rscott’s frame scenarios are reasonable use of the classifieds tbh – it’s not my forum tho)

*no-one is allowed to say “how would you notice”

Viewing 6 posts - 81 through 86 (of 86 total)

The topic ‘Bit of a warning…’ is closed to new replies.