Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • Bit of a traffic jam at Dover
  • project
    Free Member

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-kent-36873632

and as per usual nobody seems to have any idea how to sort it out.

Discuss nicely…………)

legend
    Free Member

Foreigners causing all the problems innit

bongohoohaa
    Free Member

Discuss nicely…………)

No, piss off 🙂

jambalaya
    Free Member

Seems to be lots of finger pointing – French Customs vs Ferry companies running a backlog. In any case a nightmare for peope trying to get on holiday.

Seems a bit ridiculous if it is customs as any terrorists in UK would be attacking the UK not risking a controlled border crossing to attack France.

wysiwyg
    Free Member

I’ve put back crossing. Hopefully Monday will be better

martinhutch

Anyone reckon that the French/UK border is perhaps considered less of a priority these days than the borders with its ‘good’ neighbours?

scott_mcavennie2
    Free Member

Have to drop my kids off to my mum’s house in Hythe tomorrow. Does anyone know what junction on the m20 this starts on? I’ve looked on loads of news sites but none of them actually say where this starts.

DezB
    Free Member

Just seen it on the news – 10 mile queue into Dover. Wow.

captainsasquatch
    Free Member

It’s all quite amusing if you ask me. It’ll be just the same the other way as the post Brexit, non-freedom of movement, regaining our border controls, won’t it? But it’ll be them and not us who are affected.
    Lol.

bongohoohaa
    Free Member

Have to drop my kids off to my mum’s house in Hythe tomorrow. Does anyone know what junction on the m20 this starts on? I’ve looked on loads of news sites but none of them actually say where this starts.

Best bet might be to check motorway cams.

http://www.motorwaycameras.co.uk/choosecarriageway/?motorway=m20

project
    Free Member

remember to take porta loo bog roll and hand wipes. and a good book.

Theresa may also appears to have gone very quiet, but then she or any of her mob dont work weekends or nights.

jambalaya
    Free Member

The stack operation usually starts after the channel tunnel exit – afaik the tunnel is running just fine

Brexit Remain trolls out in force I see. My guess is having had 6 major terrorist attacks in 18 months and having suspended Schengen now for 9 months their customs are hugely over stretched not least as Schengen states have laid off / reassigned their border control staff

wallop

Have to drop my kids off to my mum’s house in Hythe tomorrow. Does anyone know what junction on the m20 this starts on? I’ve looked on loads of news sites but none of them actually say

Just look at the red line on Google Maps traffic setting – I generally find it very accurate.

captainsasquatch
    Free Member

Brexit Remain trolls out in force I see. My guess is having had 6 major terrorist attacks in 18 months and having suspended Schengen now for 9 months their customs are hugely over stretched not least as Schengen states have laid off / reassigned their border control staff

Not being in Schengen, that affects us how? 😀

Brexit Remain trolls out in force I see

I’m a quick learner, and have learnt from the best. You don’t miss an opportunity to slip in the odd snide comment in any thread.
    Don’t you like when the compliment is repaid?

Bear
    Free Member

Wallop – I’d be tempted to come off at Ashford and head down the Hamstreet bypass through New Romney and into Hythe that way.

Loads of surrounding roads were snarled up today and I’ve just been past the A20 near Hawkinge and it looks no better.

jambalaya
    Free Member

Touche @captain 🙂

France’s suspension of Schengen is relevant as they have to find customs bods from somewhere and the UK border is one of the few where they have retained a reasonable staffing level. Schengen is partly political (free movement) but partly cost control reducing headcount. They just don’t have the staff they need for the state of emergency plus its holiday season for them too.

Xylene
    Free Member

I’ve just checked the traffic cam for m20 channel tunnel and there are no cars there at all.

http://www.motorwaycameras.co.uk/viewcamera/?motorway=m20&motorwayid=47&cameraid=986

Does that mean there is someone holding up a photo infront of the lens as in a spy movie to make us all think it is ok?

kjcc25
    Free Member

My son started queuing at about 11.30am yesterday morning at Ashford, by 3.00pm he had got to Folkstone where he got off the motorway had something to eat at a local Morrison’s. Then using his satnav got to Dover using minor roads, rejoined the queue in Dover about 5.00pm. He got on the 8.00pm ferry.

Stoner
    Free Member

Thank christ we took the kids out of school early on Thursday morning. Stopped in Dover weds night, bit of a queue for our 08:25 but just made it.

CaptainSlow

Scott – I’ll second Bears recommendation. Come of at ashford and do hamstreet, don’t be tempted by the a20 as I think it’s war and peace weekend

scott_mcavennie2
    Free Member

Thanks guys. Hamstreet it is.

project
    Free Member

BBc now reporting live from the queues, and probably sky as well.

and nobody is blaming Jeremey Corbyn for the problems, as he seems to be blamed for every other thing in the uk at the present time by the media.

Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)

The topic ‘Bit of a traffic jam at Dover’ is closed to new replies.