• This topic has 69 replies, 53 voices, and was last updated 12 years ago by hels.
Viewing 30 posts - 41 through 70 (of 70 total)
  • bit of a Mumsnet question – would this get you fuming?
  • psling
    Free Member

I’d be apoplectic. Idignant is so last season.

timmys

Jesus Christ.

Reality check – no one else gives a flying **** about your crotch dropping.

Pyro

My sisters, Elise and Tamzen, got mis-spellings all the time. The former got “Elsie” a lot, especially from more elderly relatives, and we had just about every connotation of Tamsyn/Tamsin/Tamzin possible. Didn’t really about them or my parents. At least no more sto than people spelling my dad’s name “Jeff”

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    MrSalmon
    Free Member

I would tell myself to stop being so precious- I’m sure they meant well and it’s nice that they thought to send you a card.

They may even know your kids name but absently wrote the wrong one, just a typo. I’m sure there are plenty of other kids and families they write to and your kids aren’t the only ones.

This. Unless you enjoy having chips on your shoulder.

nbt

The first Christmas I was with Mrs NBT, we got a christmas card from her auntie addressed to Mrs NBT and Mrs NBT’s sister’s boyfriend. Her sister got one addressed to, yep, you guessed it, her and me.

To be fair, the auntie in question had not at the time met me nor my now brother-in-law as she lives in switzerland, and all four of us have the same initial. Mrs NBT was horrified at first, I was laughing.

rightplacerighttime
    Free Member

As I am a Jon (Jonathan), rather than a John, I frequently get letters with my name wrong.

My daughter is called Agnes and has often been called / written to as “Angus”, even by people who know she is a girl. Even by people who ought to know better.

I really couldn’t care less.

highclimber
    Free Member

dogbert
    Free Member

All good responses…….just wanted to guage the opinion of normal people.

Not me by the way, i have no children and no one sends the dog a card. My sister had a meltdown yesterday because someone spelt their embodyment of the second comings name wrong and ripped the card up in anger…….then started a debate on facebook about it.

She’s a plonker

Mike_D
    Free Member

I doubt I get all the names right on my own Christmas cards, I don’t expect perfection from anyone else. I frequently get the names of my own kids (and that of the cat) mixed up, despite them being of different genders. And one of them being a cat.

bigrich

breeders are freaks.

rightplacerighttime
    Free Member

Maybe you could post a link to this thread on your sister’s fb page.

But don’t expect a Christmas card.

psling
    Free Member

…someone spelt their embodyment of the second comings name wrong…

But then it really is so easy to spell things incorrectly 8)

Duggan

and no one sends the dog a card.

What’s his address? I’ll stick a card in the post for him.

druidh
    Free Member

druidh – Member
    C’mon guys – you know we’re about to get the “it wasn’t me it was my wife” variation…

dogbert – Member
    Not me by the way, i have no children and no one sends the dog a card. My sister had a meltdown yesterday……

DezB
    Free Member

You think you’ve got a problem, I frequently get referred to as DEBZ on here! A lovely name for a girl called Debra or Deborah indeed it is oh yes! But I’m a man I say! A MAN!

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

*stops stalking DebZ*

DezB
    Free Member

*is disappointed*

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

*notes DebZ’s sad looking face and feels bad*

DezB
    Free Member

*is fuming*

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

*finds the vulnerabilty of DebZ strangely alluring*

Maybe I was a little hasty…

neninja
    Free Member

It wouldn’t bother me.

I think my mother in law is getting dementia. Her card to us this year was written “To Fiona (my wife), Dave (who is my brother in law), Max (my son) and Rebecca (my niece)”. So she got my name wrong, forgot to include my other son and instead added my niece!! I just laughed.

Another annual joke is the Christmas card I get from a mate who I don’t see very often. He always sends it to me and the random name of various Ex’s of mine from years ago who he also knew. I still don’t know if he does it as a joke or not as he claims not.
    He even attended my wedding and then sent a card that Christmas to myself and a former fiancée stating that the wedding was one of the best events he’d been to.

Northwind

Pyro – Member

My sisters, Elise and Tamzen, got mis-spellings all the time

Your parents mis-spelled Tamsin (which is short for Thomasina, which is from the aramaic for “Oh, we wanted a boy”). It’s no wonder they get corrected- no different from telling people on the internet that they’ve misapplied an apostrophe.

xcgb
    Free Member

I get a card every year she gets the names right, trouble is I have no idea who she is!!!

she never puts an adress on so I cant ever send one back must think we are pretty rude 🙂

jon1973
    Free Member

Can’t really see the point in Christmas cards anyway, so I don’t send ’em. The ones people send us just get in the way and make the place look untidy. It’s pretty wasteful when you think about how many must get sent out every year.

E Scrooge

singletrackmind

I got my nephews name wrong . Once .
    I am never allowed to forget it .
    Everytime we meet up its ” This is Lucas , Not Lewis ” , well some of the letters are the same , and phoneticaly its not too distant.
    I really dont care , not my kids.

sockpuppet

and i thought i’d be the first to add YABU/YANBU to the informed discourse, but there it already is in the tags..

Duggan

He even attended my wedding and then sent a card that Christmas to myself and a former fiancée stating that the wedding was one of the best events he’d been to.

😆

CountZero

DezB – Member
    You think you’ve got a problem, I frequently get referred to as DEBZ on here! A lovely name for a girl called Debra or Deborah indeed it is oh yes! But I’m a man I say! A MAN!
    POSTED 6 HOURS AGO # REPORT-POST
    The Southern Yeti – Member
    *stops stalking DebZ*
    DezB – Member
    *is disappointed*
    *notes DebZ’s sad looking face and feels bad*
    DezB – Member
    *is fuming*
    *finds the vulnerabilty of DebZ strangely alluring*
    Maybe I was a little hasty…

Now that made me laugh.

RichPenny
    Free Member

I think I spelt both my daughters forenames wrong on the first email announcing her birth. I’m reasonably sure they’re correct on the birth certificate, am hoping that will match with the passport we’ll have to sort out soon.

That’s a no from me then 😉

hels
    Free Member

I shared a flat many years ago (in NZ) with a guy whose own parents had spelt his name wrong.

He insisted that they had put “Micheal” on his birth certificate to be different, but after a couple of months in his company I concluded they were probably really really thick.

Viewing 30 posts - 41 through 70 (of 70 total)

The topic ‘bit of a Mumsnet question – would this get you fuming?’ is closed to new replies.