Viewing 29 posts - 1 through 29 (of 29 total)
  • Bit of a Charlie?
  • jivehoneyjive
    Free Member

Was our soon to be Monarch right to compare Putin to Hitler?

Discuss…

mogrim

Discuss…

God I hate that comment – get off the fence, what do you think?

jivehoneyjive
    Free Member

I’m guessing a few folk around these parts already know my view on the royals… 😉

shermer75
    Free Member

YES! IT’S WAR!!

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r3BO6GP9NMY[/video]

nealglover
    Free Member

Nobody really knows what was actually said, so there isn’t a lot to discuss really is there ?

jivehoneyjive
    Free Member

I think there may have been a massive understanding and it was perhaps a term of endearment, looking at his fathers origins:

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WYyMqZI3SVQ[/video]

nealglover
    Free Member

I think there may have been a massive understanding

Could have been. Who knows.

Unless you know what he actually said ?

jivehoneyjive
    Free Member

Could have been. Who knows.

Unless you know what he actually said ?

In this day and age, it’s hard to know what anyone has actually said; the technology exists to edit footage and dub audio; if you consider it fully only written communication provides a hard record of what has been said, as in a vocal conversation, you can even mishear and misconstrue things… on top of all that, you could of course argue you don’t know who has written something in the 1st place

However, given the magnitude of escalation that this has received and the fact that no denial has been issued, it’s a fair deduction that what he said was perhaps not the friendliest, especially considering inherent hypocrisy in light of Britain’s continued history of global conquest and colonization, the result of which is a strong contribution to the wealth of the Royal Family, who oversee the corrupt empire of the new world n stuff.

sputnik
    Free Member

If he said it, then he just said what everyone is thinking.
    Good on him, name and shame big bullies etc.

jivehoneyjive
    Free Member

Good on him, name and shame big bullies etc.

A few that spring to mind; UK, USA, Israel

nealglover
    Free Member

In this day and age, it’s hard to know what anyone has actually said;

Best off just guessing then eh ?

sputnik
    Free Member

I guess it is the land grabbing that is similar to what Gitler did.

jivehoneyjive
    Free Member

Best off just guessing then eh?

Well, educated guesses are the basis of much of Science and indeed detective work, so given there is a witness and an international news story, I think it’s fair to assume that he might have made a bit of a bobo, without taking into consideration the points I’ve made in previous posts…

I guess it is the land grabbing that is similar to what Gitler did.

Possibly, but I think that might be a bit of a denial of history

ninfan
    Free Member

I think there may have been a massive understanding and it was perhaps a term of endearment, looking at his fathers origins:

Hmm, you would have thought that with all the being a Nazi, Phil might have put in a little bit less time and effort fighting them?

http://www.theguardian.com/uk/2003/dec/28/monarchy.davidsmith

Edit: Though perhaps thats the perfect cover to keep people away from his secret reptilian plot for world domination…

jivehoneyjive
    Free Member

Hmm, you would have thought that with all the being a Nazi, Phil might have put in a little bit less time and effort fighting them?

http://www.theguardian.com/uk/2003/dec/28/monarchy.davidsmith

Edit: Though perhaps thats the perfect cover to keep people away from his secret reptilian plot for world domination…

😀 I don’t see anything in that link about fighting them; more not being killed by them 😉

and I quote “It had been marvellously quick thinking, conveyed to a willing team and put into action as if rehearsed.” 8)

olddog

There may be some echoes of policy such as the calling upon ethnic Russians in neighbouring states to form into a greater Russian state and some fairly nasty nationally arising from a former super power that is now struggling to assert itself on a world stage.

But it is a serious insult to relate any Russian to a Nazi – the loses suffered by the Soviet Union fighting the Nazis were almost unimaginable – to say it really will not go down well in Russia is a massive understatement…

sobriety
    Free Member

But it is a serious insult to relate any Russian to a Nazi – the loses suffered by the Soviet Union fighting the Nazis were almost unimaginable – to say it really will not go down well in Russia is a massive understatement…

Although the Soviets did use broadly similar methods of fighting to the Nazis, and penal batallions, and conservative estimates place Stalin as having killed at least as many people as the Holocaust through purges/gulags/collectivisation…

So I’d say they’ve been broadly similar in the past, and Putin is a product of that style of regime…

olddog

I’ll not argue that Stalin wasn’t up there with the world’s worst dictators – more a comment on the depth of the insult that might not be fully recognised outside of Russia

PimpmasterJazz
    Free Member

God I hate that comment – get off the fence, what do you think?

You having a bad day Mogrim? 😆

PimpmasterJazz
    Free Member

Stalin as having killed at least as many people as the Holocaust through purges/gulags/collectivisation…

My understanding it was a lot more.

I also find it a little ironic that there’s an emotional cry from the Russian foreign office stating that every family lost someone during WW2, when a reasonable portion of those were killed by other Russians under the orders of the state.

As for Charlie, he gave his opinion. He has as much right to one as we do. It appears to have been part of a private conversation between two people, so broadcasting it as fact seems a little OTT. I’m sure it’s not the first time Putin has been compared to Hitler either, and I doubt it will be the last.

olddog

Yeah, he may be entitled to his opinion – but he is our future head of state – and given his role, which is essentially about diplomacy – he could have done with being a bit more diplomatic. And as future head of state I don’t think a conversation with a stranger can ever be classed as private – there is a legitimate public interest in what he says.

Also, to change the subject, I think that any system that still has a hereditary head of state (even if it is fundamentally ceremonial) is broken – we just end up with a load of upper-class fools making us look bad. Then again we somehow managed to elect a load last time I suppose…

Junkyard
    Free Member

WTF is the prince phillip shit ? He fought the bloody Nazis – it is hardly his fault his brother in laws were nazis And wow piers Morgan saying making loose allegations – what a great purveyor of truth that turd is – countryside 🙄

Christ I hate the odious man but that is as lame as lame can be and you are an utter loon to think that is evidence

jivehoneyjive
    Free Member

Given the vast history of establishment cover ups revealed time and time again, (remembering those are just the ones that have been discovered), I’d say failing to question authority and believing the hype is the behaviour of a brainwashed, subservient goon.

If your main point is simply the inclusion of Piers Morgan, then you’re doing a huge disservice to your own intelligence.

Anyhow, insults aside, you are of course welcome to your opinion, even if it was dictated to you.

Junkyard
    Free Member

I’d say failing to question authority and believing the hype is the behaviour of a brainwashed, subservient goon.

I would say making an impassioned plea without evidence was the tactic of the desperate and/or painfully stupid.

If your main point is simply the inclusion of Piers Morgan, then you’re doing a huge disservice to your own intelligence.

I suggest you re read what i said – christ your worse than i though with evidence. The main problem with the slur is that you need to ignore the fact he fought the nazis and think he is a nazi because two of his brothers in law fought for them …tbh that is beyond stupid even by your high standards in this area.
    Using morgan making an unevidenced claim is beyond scrapping the barrel FFS even Alex Jones does not rate him 😉

Anyhow, insults aside, you are of course welcome to your opinion, even if it was dictated to you.

Yes anyone who disagrees with you is brain washed….what a logical and coherent position you put forward….and with such charm

It really is a flimsy argument even for you.

jivehoneyjive
    Free Member

Cool, the fact that the Royal Family only changed their name to Windsor to prevent bad PR during the 1st world war is probably irrelevant, but I’ll sneak it in anyhoo.

The fact remains that Prince Philip was involved in Nazi circles; 3 of his 4 sisters were members of the Nazi Party at one point!!

I can’t comment on his exploits in the war, but I do know that history is written by the winners.

However, whether or not Piers Morgan is a douche is irrelevant; extensive inconsistencies in the official account of Diana’s death remain;

~The Mystery Fiat Uno

~The strange lack of CCTV footage en-route

~The time the ambulance took to arrive at the hospital

~The premature and illegal embalming of her body

~The allegations of SAS involvement

Whilst it proves nothing, it is also worth noting the pressure she was putting on the landmine industry; in meetings between the Clintons and Diana, Bill Clinton had agreed to sign the Landmine Treaty at a conference in Oslo on 19th Sept 1997, however, due to pressure behind the scenes from the intelligence services, he reneged on that promise.

Of course, I could take it further what with Prince Charles’ close relationship with Jimmy Savile…

chewkw
    Free Member

There is nothing wrong with Charlie’s comment after all some of his ancestors were shot by the Russians during the revolution.

🙄

mogrim

You having a bad day Mogrim?

lol, no – just irritated by people who post vaguely controversial topics followed by “Discuss” – I hate being told what to do, and it’s just cowardly not to state your own opinion.

FWIW I think Charles should learn to keep his mouth shut and avoid criticising foreign governments in those kinds of terms. And that Telegraph link is also highly irritating – Farage makes more sense than Milliband.

philjunior
    Free Member

Hmmm.

A country where the gays are being persecuted, that’s annexing adjacent countries after a worldwide depression.

Russia isn’t as bad as Nazi Germany yet, but they could go that way.

Also I don’t think having ancestors who have done wrong should prevent one from criticising those doing wrong right now in the world!

Viewing 29 posts - 1 through 29 (of 29 total)

The topic ‘Bit of a Charlie?’ is closed to new replies.