Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 50 total)
  • Bit moist!
  • rogerthecat
    Free Member

Blimey – awoken by the world ending in a fire and brimstone finale, lots of flashes and lots of bangs. Rain so heavy it’s turned the road into a river. And, on the day we are providing hospitality on the 18 green of an industry golf comp. Wish I could go out on the bike to see the effects of this little lot – anyone else outside in this weather?

wrightyson
    Free Member

I’ve a feeling I might be cancelling the 10 am concrete…..

boxelder

Still like Arizona near Keswick.

ononeorange

It’s going north apparently, so no crowing please ……

As above here. Thundering rain but thankfully paused just as I had to leave. Back to carrying an umbrella everywhere – it’s been lovely to not have to these past few weeks.

Bregante

Ive got a tree surgeon coming to chop down a 30ft tree in my garden this morning!

If this lightning hits it in the next few hours I could save myself £400

piedidiformaggio
    Free Member

I thought I spotted a break in the rain to make a mad dash to the station on the Brompton. I was wrong. Soaked!

3 hours of near constant lightning was pretty cool though!

ononeorange

Mrs o was woken to hear a small torrent in the night – it turned out not to be my incontinence, but that the Velux window upstairs has been wide open for so long we’d forgotten it…..!

trout
    Free Member

Yep the monsoon has hit west yorkshire a couple of mins ago

Jamie
    Free Member

If this lightning hits it in the next few hours I could save myself £400

Quick! Wrap it in tinfoil.

Hooning it down here in the Fens. Most people seem to be staying out of the way, apart from one fella who appears to be collecting up animals. 2 of each kind.

Lazgoat
    Free Member

Can’t wait for it here in Norwich. I once had green grass and the Allotment could do with a good soaking.

Jamie
    Free Member

the Allotment could do with a good soaking.

It’s coming….

unklehomered
    Free Member

It’s just hit Nidderdale. Pretty Epic, its been getting darker since 7.

He has been born and with him will come the end of [dry dusty riding] days.

yossarian
    Free Member

Pyrotechnics and buckets of rain all night on the Kent coast. My willow tree is very happy this morning!

Drac

We had a shower for 10 minutes about 5am no thunder or lightning though.

simons_nicolai-uk
    Free Member

Hit us in London about 130. Massive hail stones.

Stoner
    Free Member

perversely, the buggers who have been digging up our road for the last month decided to turn the water supply off between 10pm and 6am this morning.

Unfortunately they forgot to connect up their end this morning I reckon AS THERE’S NO FRIGGIN’ WATER!! And Im stinky. And running out of water for the kettle.

I might have to shower in the water butt.

wrightyson
    Free Member

Jamie could you move that picture west a bit to give me an idea if Derbyshire is about to “get some” as its now bright and almost sunny here!

Jamie
    Free Member

Jamie could you move that picture west a bit to give me an idea if Derbyshire is about to “get some” as its now bright and almost sunny here!

http://www.raintoday.co.uk/

allthepies
    Free Member

Nowt on the Surrey riviera.

rogerthecat
    Free Member

Where in Derbyshire?
    Left Peaks in torrential rain.
    Now close to Derby and it’s wet bit brighter

Stoner
    Free Member

just been out to investigate and it appears that the interruption to the supply has caused a 4″ cement main just behind the garage to blow when they turned the water back on. So 5 houses up here are without water but Ive got a lovely paddling pool forming out the front of the house and the common is like a water bed – you can walk on it and the ground wobbles.
    And severn trent “emergency number” seems to be on permanent holding muzak.

Can someone tweet the ******s and get them to pull their collective finger out.

EDIT: OH THAT’s JUST GREAT! Now it’s Coldplay 🙁 Today is not getting any better.

cheese@4p

I just had an email from the boss asking me to put the Union Jack up in honour of the Royal bambino. The flag pole is on top of a 4 storey mill. Mega thunderstorm raging.
    Flag stays in cupboard.

DickBarton

cheese@4p – get out there and live in the adventure…you’ll be fine…the flag is likely to be a touch crispy!!! JFDI!!! 😉

molgrips
    Free Member

Heard some distant but long thunder rumbles last night. Garden has been pleasantly watered, saving me a job. Looks alright now.. Cardiff survives.. for now.

rogerthecat
    Free Member

Litchfid = monsoon with flashy bits

wrightyson
    Free Member

My beautifully dug and bottomed up trench to take the lovely 3×2 slabs on edge is full to the **** brim with two inch more all around it! My glass back just perked up no end!
    Oh and at denby, just up from the pottery!

BurnBob
    Free Member

Cheese@4p sorry to be a pedant but I’m sure what your boss is referring to will be a union flag as you only get a Union Jack when it’s hoisted on a boat.

flip
    Free Member

Going to mow lawns in Cannock and environs in a mo…

cranberry
    Free Member

Will you all please stop bragging about how much rain you are gettting – the skies are predictably blue and clear over here in Hollandland. 🙂

ononeorange

It is intensely humid both outside and in the office. It’s like sitting in a big cooling tower at a power station at the moment (although of course less round).

rogerthecat
    Free Member

Judging by the number of times we have stopped to go round accidents it would seem that it has never rained in the UK before!

yorkshire89
    Free Member

Go on, who’s just fitted summer tyres?!

It was bone dry when i woke up at 6:30, by the time i set off it was pouring down. Still, was quite nice riding into work 🙂

retro83
    Free Member

BurnBob – Member

Cheese@4p sorry to be a pedant but I’m sure what your boss is referring to will be a union flag as you only get a Union Jack when it’s hoisted on a boat.

Oh yeah? Well how do you know the mill is not on a boat? 🙄

ransos
    Free Member

Spectacular thunderstorm and torrential rain in Bristol at about 4am, but the roads are already dry!

banks
    Free Member

Withington, grey. Might turn the lights on.

CountZero

Some spectacular lightning last night to the east, moving north, but bugger-all rain or anything else here in North Wilts. 😐

Kunstler

For the last wee while there’s been thunder cracks every 20 – 30 seconds here in Edinburgh. One which was incredibly close just now. And the rain has just started. Let’s get it out of the way today – I’ve three days of having to bike 40 miles around for work for the rest of this week.

molgrips
    Free Member

Has anyone been on the trails yet? I’m curious to see how wet they get after one storm when they’ve been so dry.

Bregante

Withington, grey.

No change there then 😉

footflaps

Rain stopped at 8.45 this am, just in time to cycle to work 🙂

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 50 total)

The topic ‘Bit moist!’ is closed to new replies.