Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Bit embarrsing this but, are the XT8000 shifters adjustable WRT postioning?
  • Vortexracing

I’m sure I have read somewhere that you can adjust the position of the shifter, a bit like the XTR ones have a separate screw/attachment that allows them to float inboard and outboard.

does this exist on the new XT8000 11 speed shifters because if it does I’ll be damned if I can figure out how?

Vortexracing

bugger, can you move to the other forum mods please?

sorry 🙁

Daffy

I think the adjustment is only on iSpec shifters, the conventional ones are fixed.

Vortexracing

cheers, off to buy some mounts 🙁

cp

assuming you’ve got i-spec then yes, in exactly the same way as the i spec XTR shifter you posted above.

somafunk

I was wondering about this on my new scott genius as it has xt 11 speed and slx M675-B brakes but the shifter has a fixed clamp and is not ispec ii compatible and the slx brakes are not ispec ii compatible so the only way i can fit the shifter exactly where i want it is to buy a new ispec xt/xtr shifter and new xt brakes….kinda expensive workaround, also the reverb remote is fitted to the right hand side of the bars as the left hand side has the two fox levers for the DPS front+ rear shocks along with the e-bike motor control unit.

With the existing set up you have to move your hand position rather a lot to get access to the reverb remote as the bloody xt shifter window along with the shifter mount + brake mounts puts it 4″ along the bar – not really practical for a dropper remote if you have to take your hands off the bar to activate it.

Ho-hum, i guess the shifter and brakes will sell easy on here so that may offset the outlay somewhat

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Bit embarrsing this but, are the XT8000 shifters adjustable WRT postioning?’ is closed to new replies.