Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • Bit confused ( eBay scam ? ) maybe
  • orangeboy
    Free Member

Found this
    181266366740 item number on eBay

The same person has loads of other stuff but somthing odd going on

Or is it just me

federalski
    Free Member

How do you find something with a item number?

nealglover
    Free Member

Paste the item number into the eBay search box.

orangeboy
    Free Member

Sorry I use the eBay app is does not give a URL

Just copy that number into the search box

crikey
    Free Member

Just copy that number into the search box

Psst, no one can be bothered doing that.

HTH.

federalski
    Free Member

Ahaa, cheers.

orangeboy
    Free Member

Thanks muke

Gary_M
    Free Member

Looks dodgy to me. All the bikes ‘she’ has for sale are pictured in different locations. The scalpel looks like it’s pictured outside a house in the US.

Brand new Moots with Di2 for £1k.

Hacked eBay account.

ianpv
    Free Member

He has 500 items (bikes, guitars, cameras, and scientific instruments) each with a price of £1000 (if you contact him directly)?

hacked.

ChunkyMTB
    Free Member

Yep, hacked account

Greybeard
    Free Member

Another one from the same seller

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2012-Cannondale-Scalpel-29er-Ultimate-Build-Carbon-Frame-XX-Enve-Carbon-Wheels-/171178954271?pt=UK_SportingGoods_OtherSports&hash=item27db0f8e1f

I suspect the reason for the weirdness may be him trying to avoid paying eBay’s fees?

lightman
    Free Member

Yeah, hacked account.
    They are coming up almost daily at the moment.

KonaTC

The http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2012-Trek-Fuel-EX-7-Mountain-Bike-Barely-Used-Full-Suspension-/171178954311?pt=UK_SportingGoods_OtherSports&hash=item27db0f8e47

Has a overseas electric socket in the background, leave well alone

EDIT: Reported to eBay, not that anything will happen, but if you don’t then you can’t complain

Gary_M
    Free Member

I suspect the reason for the weirdness may be him trying to avoid paying eBay’s fees?

Do t think its as simple as that.

orangeboy
    Free Member

I’ve not been on eBay as a buyer or seller in ages , does it happen a lot then

Greybeard
    Free Member

Do t think its as simple as that.

OK, I see now. I should have refreshed the page before I posted!

houndlegs
    Free Member

If an account gets hacked,I’m assuming the account was legitimate for the original account holder. What does this mean for them? What happens to them?

edlong
    Free Member

If an account gets hacked,I’m assuming the account was legitimate for the original account holder. What does this mean for them? What happens to them?

IME you tell eBay, eBay remove all the ads, you reset your passwords and carry on as before. When it happened to me it was sorted literally in a couple of hours but I spotted it before any transactions had happened. I suppose it probably gets a bit messier when someone thinks they’ve bought (and paid for) something.

Legoman
    Free Member

Has anyone tried that google image search thing on the picture (I can’t remember how to do it)?

allthepies
    Free Member

Yup, same pic as used in an ebay.com (US) auction now pulled.

Google cache linky

Classic hacked account scenario.

456mocha
    Free Member

Sometimes you can get a clue of the ads authenticity from the URL of the photo.
    In this case, all newly listed high value items (all at £1000) have photo URL starting with “ElectronicsUkShop. co. uk”, which does not seem to be a photo sharing site and is not where usual ebay uploaded photos are stored.

Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)

The topic ‘Bit confused ( eBay scam ? ) maybe’ is closed to new replies.