Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Bishops Lydeard Pump Track Somerset
  • matthewm
    Free Member

I am trying to get some info on the pump track at Bishops Lydeard. Knottie8 posted on here about 4 years ago as her son led the development of the facility. Is it still there and useable? Is it used much? I am willing to devote some time to maintenance of it but would like to know who I need to approach first. Maybe the parish council?

oldfart

HER son lol ! 😆

andylc
    Free Member

Eh??

jam-bo

The one knottie was involved with way back was at norton fitzwarren playing fields, not bishops Lydeard.

matthewm
    Free Member

Apologies if my comment about ‘her son’ was inaccurate. I arrived at a closed post through a Google search and could well have read it incorrectly.

Thank you jam bo, I live near to bishops Lydeard and am trying to find a variety of places for my children to ride

matthewm
    Free Member

Apologies if my comment about ‘her son’ was inaccurate. I arrived at a closed post through a Google search and could well have read it incorrectly.

Thank you jam bo, I live near to bishops Lydeard and am trying to find a variety of places for my children to ride

mtbel
    Free Member

Try Taunton BMX track next to ASDoh

andylc
    Free Member

According to the (closed) thread it was at Bishops Lydeard not the N Fitzwarren one.
    Pump Track

matthewm
    Free Member

Yeah we use that quite a bit, it’s a great facility but I get the feeling it will eventually just go to ruin if there is no-one looking after it. Would be good to help out but not sure who is responsible for it.

knottie8
    Free Member

the pump track is still at Lydeard… but alas slightly over grown . My son designed and built it by the way … from taunton just off the A358 slip road towards bishops lydeard then take the first right . After a few metres on the right is a bike gate/style.. its there and visable on bing maps aerial photo if you zoom in..

matthewm
    Free Member

Hi knottie I’ve been in touch with the parish council to see if they will mind me strimming it back and giving it a little tlc. When your son got it up and running did it get much use?

Dibbs
    Free Member

You can see it on Google Earth too at the Taunton Road/Hither Mead junction.
    https://maps.google.co.uk/maps?hl=en&ll=51.052107,-3.1835&spn=0.00128,0.003473&t=h&z=19

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Bishops Lydeard Pump Track Somerset’ is closed to new replies.