Viewing 35 posts - 1 through 35 (of 35 total)
  • Birthdays at work!
  • tails
    Free Member

So today is my birthday! Yay!! I’ve worked at a couple of places where you bring in the cakes but my current place you have to buy everyone a bacon/sausage/egg sub roll it’s like a round down the pub! lol!

What do you guys have to buy on YOUR birthday? On that note I best get to work.

neilsonwheels
    Free Member

I take a sh!t load of sausage roll in and a tin of roses.

craigxxl
    Free Member

Used to be cakes but with the same people not buying any on their birthdays despite accepting them from others it’s been knocked on the head.

tails
    Free Member

mmmmmm sausage rolls!

Drac

Nothing.

trail_rat
    Free Member

id be surprised if anyone at my work knew when my birthday was ….

im not a total misery guts i just dont regard it required knowledge of people in the workplace.

binners

Happy birthday Tails!

I cooked a batch of Graeme’s recipe Lancahshire Bhaji’s*. Half laced with chilli’s so it was like a game of Russian roulette

* anyone whose had the pleasure of sampling them on the Rammy turbine rides will testify to their awesomeness!

xcgb
    Free Member

Graeme’s recipe Lancahshire Bhaji’s

Recipe please!

bruneep

We have a gateaux tax.

xcgb
    Free Member

same people not buying any on their birthdays despite accepting them from others

we have one of those uses the reason that i just celebrate others birthdays dont celebrate mine!

neilsonwheels
    Free Member

we have one of those uses the reason that i just celebrate others birthdays dont celebrate mine!

🙄

DezB
    Free Member

Happy birthday!

Cakes here.

Why is it that managers buy a bunch of cheapo MrKipling rubbish and staff buy masses of cream buns and danish pastries?

solarpowered
    Free Member

Happy birthday!
    We bring in anything we want to, usually cakes and haribo – but I’m never at work so I get off cheap and don’t have to buy anything 😉

MarinNo8
    Free Member

Happy birthday Tails. Was mine last week. As usual I got given the day off plus some pressies and cake from the boss. This year I spent the morning with the pupils at my daughters primary school planting 160 trees for one of their outdoor projects. Life has gone full circle as on the history wall of the school there is a picture of my father doing the same 25 years ago. The staff found out about my birthday thanks to junior senior and the kids made me a card then sang happy birthday to me as I walked across the playground. Unfortunately I was distracted by something that blew into my eyes 🙂

seadog101

My birthday treat from work this year was a helicopter ride!!

But then I work on an oil rig, so it wasn’t anything to get excited about, especially as it was taking me TO work, not home 🙁

andermt
    Free Member

Pizza’s here.

Lifer
    Free Member

Don’t take and don’t bring cakes. Fully opt out.

onehundredthidiot

Nothing (stingy gits) but if it’s an “0” birthday the budget buys a cheapy costco cake. Mmmmm 😐

Friday is doughnut day tho 😀

binners

xcgb – I’m just trawling through Graeme Jones’ old posts to see where he’s posted up his legendary recipe in the past

xcgb
    Free Member

cheers Binners!

stewartc
    Free Member

Happy Birthday.
    It’s a cake on company and s lunch via your coworkers here.

patriotpro
    Free Member

WORKING ON YOUR BIRTHDAY?! WHAT’S THAT ALL ABOUT THEN?!?! 😯

If I did it would be Haribos and/or crisps.

binners

Cheers drac!

mamadirt
    Free Member

Guinness cakes 😛

xcgb
    Free Member

Big sloppy Kiss @ Drac XX!

rogermoore

Happy birthday!
    Cakes at our place, but as my birthday is more often than not a Bank Holiday just after Christmas, my offerings are normally groaned at. 🙁

Maybe I’ll do butties next time…

RM.

Drac

Big sloppy Kiss @ Drac XX!

OI! No tongues.

alpin
    Free Member

usually take the day off if i’m due to work. one of the benefits of self-employment….

xcgb
    Free Member

Birthday bacon butties now that would pee off the strict vegan in our office! 🙂

29erKeith
    Free Member

Our boss usually does his birthday cakes at a team meeting, I swear he then claims ’em on expenses! tight git that he is

Forge_Master
    Free Member

I usually pop into Costco and pick up a couple of trays of buns/muffins.

thx1138
    Free Member

You have to work on your birthday? Everyone gets their birthday off here. 1 day extra added to your standard leave. 🙂

I’m pondering a Queen style ‘official birthday’ as well as my actual one. A moveable feast which can be used whenever it suits me.

brakes
    Free Member

about 30 people in our department.
    we all sign a card for the person with a birthday and they bring in whatever treats they want = cake, doughnuts, cheese, sweets. also whenever someone comes back from a business trip abroad they are obliged to bring a local foodstuff back which is inevitably Toblerone despite not having gone to Switzerland.
    Today is St Davids day so someone brought in Welsh cakes, cake and cheese.
    I like working here.

toby1

There are, as expected, some real grouches on here about birthdays.

It’s one day a year that you get to celebrate being born, why opt out (rhetorical, I really don’t care).

Here we usually do cakes, some people go the whole hog and home bake, others just buy welcomed junk form Tesco’s.

I personally like to homebake some brownies and then try a different dish 🙂

Viewing 35 posts - 1 through 35 (of 35 total)

The topic ‘Birthdays at work!’ is closed to new replies.