Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • birthday watch recomendations
  • karnali
    Free Member

got a birthday coming up soon and after a new analogue watch from parents, they want to get me something to keep, looking for some recomendations of decent makes for about £125, will be bought in Jan so hoping to get something in the sales. Just to be used for telling the time and looking for a nice watch to wear when out etc, got a cheap watch for everyday duties.

cheers

easygirl

I like the look of fossill watches for around that price

deepreddave
    Free Member

I’d suggest seiko for best combo of decent quality, cheap to maintain and reliable at that price point. For ease a quartz, for engineering interest an automatic. Tissot and Bulova are more interesting, even C Ward in their sale maybe.

IvanDobski
    Free Member

I’ve bought a couple of Orients recently, a Bambino and a Ray. Both automatics with in-house movements and very good reputations.

US main dealer

jam-bo

Seiko SNDA57P1

Drac

mikey74
    Free Member

+1 for Seiko. Best value for money around IMO.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Jam bo is right.

I’m wearing one now. Change the stock strap for a Timefactors one, though.

RichPenny
    Free Member

Does it have to be new? For £200 I got a 1928 Omega from an antique shop in Bath. Kept terrible time until my FIL fixed it, but always feels special whenever I wear it. Looks like this one, so certainly not everyones taste but it does match my own:

Slogo
    Free Member

watchshop take a look and see something you like.

andylitespeed
    Free Member

big fan of Seiko but Citizen take some beating, was in Argos today and they had some really nice ones with decent discounts

toemul
    Free Member

Richpenny.mmmm got a constellation c which is nice but your,nice,very nice.

CountZero

A Yokobies mod Seiko ‘5’, like mine?

Although not with a 70’s Tissot mesh bracelet; you can get similar from eBay for around $35, though.

lunge

At that price you’re looking at Seiko if you want automatic and Tissot if you’re happy with a quartz.

Personally I would avoid the likes of Fossil and Nixon like the plague but that may just be me.

geoffj

Decent Japanese engineering that will require little or no maintenance. It has to be a Seiko Casio Edifice

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Casio-Analogue-Stainless-Bracelet-EFR-100SB-1AVEF/dp/B008R52I3C

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

RichP, if you need that cared for locally, Tribbecks were excellent with my old watch.

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘birthday watch recomendations’ is closed to new replies.