Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • birthday present required for cyclist…
  • scaled
    Free Member

Never thought I’d be in this situation, I’m clueless as to what I want for my birthday.

Drive train is running well, suspension is dialed, I’ve got all the 26″ tyres vast off from my more trend focused mates.

All I can think of is some new wheels but the girlfriend is never going to be happy with the idea of 700 quid for some light bicycle wheels 😀

Budget is about 200 quid, I thought I had it sorted with the new shimano m200 shoes. Light, stiff and ankle protection as I’ve got knobbly ankles. Crossmax shoes would do the job but, well, Yellow. Am45s don’t really float my boat.

Any slightly more left field suggestions?

Nice work stand maybe…

Bregante

Onzadog
    Free Member

Feedback pro elite work stand.
    Set of oakleys with polarized or transition lenses.
    Coaching with jedi.

jaffejoffer
    Free Member

winter clobber. merino stuff, sealskins and a nice jacket

jekkyl

Time off for an epic 4 day cycling weekend & use the cash for accommodation, fuel and beer.

stumpy01

Exposure light? or 10 Chinese lights that may or may not explode?

Garmin

Some nice kit that you might not otherwise treat yourself too? Posh winter jacket, bib shorts/tights/disco slippers

Dirtworker style bike wash

Skills course

Rugged camera

Tools – proper headset press, some nice allen keys, pressfit BB tools?

kcal

Lumicycle lights or similar? +1 for the stand, my folks got me one for birthday/christmas one year, great bit of kit.

cookeaa

Time off for an epic 4 day cycling weekend & use the cash for accommodation, fuel and beer.

^^This^^

I’d say Time for riding has a pretty big value to me, certainly more than a lump of cash on some parts

I’m sort of getting a couple of riding passes for my Birthday this year, The weekend before two day mini tour with some mates, Weekend of my Birthday She’s organized a family trip to the IOW, I’m allowed to take my road bike this time and have a full Days riding unencumbered by family…

But if your already “time rich” just ask for CRC/Wiggle/Merlin/whoever vouchers…

gribble
    Free Member

Did a Cycle Active skills course ages ago and enjoyed it. Good present idea, for yourself or someone else.

Was thinking of a skills course for my brother for his birthday – are there any particular recommended skills providers ( in addition to Jedi which oft seems mentioned here)?

Private tuition may be cost effective if there is a small ground of you.

TiRed

http://www.foeshop.co.uk/recycled-bike-tyre-belt.html

Had one for Christmas and love it.

pitchpro2011
    Free Member

Defo Garmin. 510

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘birthday present required for cyclist…’ is closed to new replies.