Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)
  • Birthday present for 16yr old gaming addicted godson?
  • RustyNissanPrairie

Dont have children ourselves so a bit stuck as to what to buy our 16 year old god son. He dosnt have any hobbies other than online gaming and generally staying in his room 24/7. He has pretty much every material item a 16year old could want so not much scope available there

My thoughts have been – go karting at Dayton indoor place, my misses is thinking of the indoor skydiving place at Trafford Park. Not sure if he’d be into either of them though to be honest.

Any idea’s?

wanmankylung
    Free Member

Coke and hookers.

jimoiseau
    Free Member

Fleshlight

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    boxelder

As Godparent you should sit down with his parents and have a stern word. He’ll thank you one day.
    Or kidnap him for a day in the countryside.
    [video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=esxNH90-j5k[/video]

Both your ideas are perfect – if he doesn’t like it, that’s his problem, but I bet he’ll regret not letting himself enjoy the day – which will be educational.

allthepies
    Free Member

Kleenex bumper pack ?

cranberry
    Free Member

a 17 year old girl.

loddrik
    Free Member

A bike…?

convert

They are never quite as hopeless as they seem on first sight – there is nearly always more going on the inside than you would imagine!

Does he like driving games – if so a driving experience or day out at Oulten Park or similar for a day watching the racing. Your Go karting would be good too.

mikewsmith
    Free Member
    andyl
    Free Member
    Cougar

How about (modern) board games?

unovolo
    Free Member

Malvern Rider
    Free Member

It’s a tough one, Stepson was/is just the same. Being glued to a screen 24/7 can make kids develop such antipathy to the real world that it can only be insecurity masquerading as boredom/affected world-weariness.

Anything you do with him that involves outdoors with non-gamers will be nothing but torture for his mind and body, and his rolling eyeballs and surliness will in turn torture you.

Buy him a year’s subscription to a good gaming magazine, a box of tissues and a small bedroom-sized fridge for aggressively marketed fizzy caffeine drinks?

Alternatively – a Blu-ray presentation of Blue Planet or something. You never know…it might spark a lifelong hunger to escape pixeljail and become a passionate marine biologist, a penchant for South Sea adventures, and a love for tanned, easygoing Australian photo-journalists. Can I say bush-pilot? What about a flying lesson? Plane has a ‘controller’ and a ‘screen’, almost as good as the sim-thing…you never know, it might set alight a dormant synapse and he’ll become a skilled pilot working for fire and rescue, putting out wildfires, air-sea rescue, cocaine smuggling… endless options with a love for flying.

squirrelking
    Free Member

Anything you do with him that involves outdoors with non-gamers will be nothing but torture for his mind and body, and his rolling eyeballs and surliness will in turn torture you.

Theres a generalisation if ever there was one.

As said a driving experience / race day out (touring cars are awesome fun) if he likes Gran Turismo / Forza and such, airsoft or paintballing if hes into Battlefield or Call of Duty. Coke, hookers and a 17 yo girl if he likes GTA.

There are plenty of things you can do that will be special, what I wouldn’t do is try and cater to his hobby, inevitably you will get it wrong!

Northwind

Some sort of WoW cosplay hooker

DezB
    Free Member

Like this Northwind?

robdob
    Free Member

Some sort of WoW cosplay hooker

I am not typing THAT into Google while at work, I can tell you…

rocketman
    Free Member

He dosnt have any hobbies other than online gaming and generally staying in his room 24/7

Steam vouchers

He’ll thank you for it

Cougar

… unless he has a console.

40mpg

Tickets to this?

Got them for my 2, turns out all their mates are going, some are cosplaying, looks like a cracking day out for a 16yr old gamer.

titusrider
    Free Member

Airsoft day is an awesome idea – I used to do a lot and most of the people were either ex military or gamers

DezB
    Free Member
    squirrelking
    Free Member

Gamer =\= comic fan.

DezB
    Free Member

RustyNissanPrairie

some good suggestions there STW…….

went with Daytona karting only becuase me and his dad can have a laugh even if godson is having withdrawal symptoms becuase he’s left the house.

Mrs RNP got him a cake from her friend Sarah who has her own cake shop (100% edible iuncluding the grenade!)

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)

The topic ‘Birthday present for 16yr old gaming addicted godson?’ is closed to new replies.