Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Birmingham New Street (Where to Eat)
  • singletracked
    Free Member

Staying at the Ramada Encore, near the New street Station

Where to eat for under £30 per head?

alanl
    Free Member

For pub food, I’d fully recommend the Shakespeare pub, 5 mins (at most) walk from N.S.
    A large selection of beers too, and they allow you to try before you buy.
    I’ll be there on Thursday.

singletracked
    Free Member

Unless the beer is horrifically good or strong, I should not be there on Thursday!

killwillforchips
    Free Member

Head down towards mosely for the Balti belt. Or theres loads of Soul food joints in Handsworth.

Failing that if you’re on the ponsy prententious register then head to Brindley place. And the mailboxes restaurants ain’t too bad.

But given yuh location I’d head for Nando’s in the Bull ring.

takisawa2

There’s an old bank, now a pub called the Joint Stock, up by the Cathedral. About 5mins walk. I’ve always liked it in there.
    Or just trawl through the German Market quaffing frankfurters…you’ll end up by the canal with its various restruants etc.

lunge

Bodega is a south American place 10 mins walk away, really good food there.
    Shogun is a tapanaki place in brindley place which is good as well.
    Chez Jules is just up the road as well and is a bit more traditional but not to be sniffed at.

I_Ache
    Free Member

Is it a date or a business thing or do you just want some grub?

If you just want grub try the Mexican place in Brindley Place, its called Chilicas. There isn’t much choice but we enjoyed it when we went on Sunday. There is also a few bars and a fair few normal restaurants around there. FWIW I don’t think its particularly poncy or pretentious around there, you get idiots everywhere so maybe I am just oblivious.

UncleFred
    Free Member

Don’t eat at the Ramada, stay there regularly and loathe it. No in room wifi, crappy laminate floors, cold “trendy” bathrooms and lots of primary colour, the food sucks too, quite possibly the worst cooked breakfast i’ve ever had.

GBK, Nandos, Pizza express and a few other places in the mailbox are ok.

Haze

There’s an old bank, now a pub called the Joint Stock, up by the Cathedral. About 5mins walk. I’ve always liked it in there.

Just a minute walk from there is the Wellington, a must if you like your ale.

And you can take your own food in!

one_happy_hippy
    Free Member

Bar Estilo in the Mailbox is (was) pretty good. Otherwise I’d just head to wagamamas oppposite the Bullring (if its still there).

wbss
    Free Member

Annexe – at the end of corporation street – is very, very good.

http://goo.gl/maps/lDTq7

singletracked
    Free Member

Bloody hell, that Encore was rubbish!
    Won’t be staying there again. Travelodge would have been better.
    Galling part of it was that i had a cheap deal for the Burlington, but when described as near the train station and near the nosiy centre, thought it sounded a bit rough!!

Then i saw it!

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Birmingham New Street (Where to Eat)’ is closed to new replies.