Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Birmingham local trains – Saturdays
  • scaredypants

Used to live Selly Oak / Harborne way in Birmingham but was a long time ago and I biked my way around mostly. Going back at the weekend and we’re sort of planning a wander round that area beofre going into town later.

Is it easy to park around there easyish (freeish ??) and how often can you get a train from, say, Selly Oak stn past the uni and into the town centre (and back again later afternoon) ?

Thankyow

Houns

For train times just check national rail website. As for the Selly area? You won’t recognise some of it! I’m local-ish and drove through there last year for the first time in ages……. They’ve demolished the old hospital and built a new one, moved some of the roads around too

scaredypants

Ta Houns – I spent a bit of time (working) at the 2 hospitals. The “new” one’s one of the things we want to see

I thought there used to be really frequent local trains (every 15min or so). Did I imagine that ?

scaredypants

ah, just did as you suggested – every 10 minutes! (didn’t know local services were on that site)

Anyone happen to know my chances of free on-street parking round that way?

nickdavies

10 minutes to town on train plenty of free parking. It’s a bit of a ballache normally to park but the uni isn’t back fully yet so you shouldn’t have too much bother parking on a side street.

There’s also free parking at the station anyway (or used to be at least.)

bamboo
    Free Member

I’m pretty certain you’d get parked around that way for free without much hassle

bamboo
    Free Member

Google seems to suggest parking is free at selly oak station

scaredypants

Lovely – thanks all !

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Birmingham local trains – Saturdays’ is closed to new replies.