Viewing 28 posts - 1 through 28 (of 28 total)
  • Birkenstock alternatives?
  • Dorset_Knob
    Free Member

I usually just replace my Birkenstock sandals when each pair wears out after a few years. Been doing that for ages now, and it’s time for a new pair once again.

I was wondering what other alternatives there are – perhaps more technical / different stylee – that the hive prefers days?

Or is it still best to stick with the old Birkies?

Cheers!

nedrapier

More technical alternative: I’ve got some Keen sandals which I won for catching a frisbee. Clearwater CNX.

comfy, light, and great for messing about in water.

Nothing like a Birkenstock, though.

ElShalimo

Which Birkenstock model?

The Bilbao looks a good alternative to the traditional models

Rockape63
    Free Member

anything that exposes old/middle aged mens’s feet and manky toenails to the general populace should not be worn….at any cost!

howsyourdad1
    Free Member

If you’ve given up on life completely why not try Crocs? 🙂

suburbanreuben
    Free Member
    allthegear
    Free Member

If you’ve given up on life completely why not try Crocs?

Burn him – burn him with fire!

Rachel

Cougar

What else would you burn him with? Bananas?

bongohoohaa
    Free Member

I imagine your rapier like wit can inflict quite the sick burn, Cougar. 8)

munrobiker
    Free Member

Ice.

OP – Crocs are the only alternative for people who have no shame about what goes on their feet.

toby1

I bought some reef flip flops recently (for round the house) they have a decent beer bottle opener in the sole, very useful when having a bbq.

bongohoohaa
    Free Member

they have a decent beer bottle opener in the sole, very useful when having a bbq.

Mmmm. Dog shit/mud all round the top of your bottle! Delicious!

rexated
    Free Member

What else would you burn him with? Bananas?

Well, acid I suppose.

On topic, I was thinking of getting some Birkenstocks, but Rockape63’s comment has reminded me of the error in that line of thinking.

MrWoppit
    Free Member

JefWachowchow
    Free Member

Ah, the familiar Birkenstench of Stinkenstocks. It must be summer already.

chewkw
    Free Member

allthegear – Member

If you’ve given up on life completely why not try Crocs?

Burn him – burn him with fire!

Rachel [/quote]

😆 @ Rachel.

Crocs is very comfortable coz all me mates in the far east wear them. 😀

molgrips
    Free Member

Really? I find they smell much less than other sandals.

What else would you burn him with?

Cutting remarks.

JefWachowchow
    Free Member

Really? I find they smell much less than other sandals.

I find Mrs W’s Stinkenstocks kick up a lot worse than my modest Clarks sandals. Maybe its her feet. 😀

simons_nicolai-uk
    Free Member

I love the Birkenstench. A charm all of its own.

Birks when it’s dry, Crocs for trolling around a campsite in the wet or driving home after a muddy bike ride.

howsyourdad1
    Free Member

I burnt myself on the frying pan taking it out of the oven so perhaps it’s karma for my crocs jibe. Better that than acid

onehundredthidiot

Sun? For the burning.

Malvern Rider
    Free Member

Birks when it’s dry, Crocs for trolling around a campsite in the wet or driving home after a muddy bike ride.

Definitely don’t favour crocs in the wet campsite stakes. Once had the worst stomach bug so attempted escape from tent/torture pod at 3am and executed a straight-legged walk-run to the toilet/shower blocks in vain struggle to ‘beat the shit’ to the finish line.

I was defeated entirely by the ****** Crocs. I skated on one leg for all of a millisecond then fell flat on my back and shat self. My headtorch shone straight upwards at The Laughing Gods.

In the long grass. In the mud. On a slight slope. At 3am. Not the best of times.

bodgy
    Free Member

Why do Crocs have little holes in them?

To let the last of your dignity drain out.

chewkw
    Free Member

If you wear Birkenstock with leather lining your feet will sweat like your backside (in a hot weather – good for Europe not for tropical jungle).

That happened to me when I wore my Keen (the leather ones) in 30C weather in tropical climate. I should have bought Keen Clearwater CNX instead as they are much suitable. My leather Keen became the favourite for the local dogs too as they chewed mine up because of the leather smell, so I had to get the local cobbler to stitch them up.

My friends wear Crocs for two reasons. They wear them loosely and secondly it is much cooling than leather plus the fact that it drys quick or at least it does not stink when they get wet.

zippykona

Crocs only work with socks.
    Sweaty feet in crocs are so slippery you will die.

chewkw
    Free Member

zippykona – Member
    Crocs only work with socks.
    Sweaty feet in crocs are so slippery you will die.

You wear socks with sandals? 😯 😆

toppers3933
    Free Member

Crocs for the win. With socks for the middle aged win.

CountZero

The obvious suggestion is a pair of the original ‘technical’ or sport sandal, Teva. I’ve got a pair I bought in LA in ’94, still going strong, although they don’t get year-round wear here in the UK… 😉
    https://www.teva.co.uk/1001473.html?dwvar_1001473_color=GBGY#icid=CTA_men_active0416&start=3&cgid=men-sandals-active
    They really haven’t changed much, but then, if it ain’t broke, don’t fix it. Been around since ’84, apparently.

Viewing 28 posts - 1 through 28 (of 28 total)

The topic ‘Birkenstock alternatives?’ is closed to new replies.