Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Birdman (the film)
  • jon1973
    Free Member

I know there is obviously some very clever editing going on but how the hell to they make it look like it’s all done in one continuous take? Pretty clever.

nealglover
    Free Member

I know there is obviously some very clever editing going on but how the hell to they make it look like it’s all done in one continuous take? Pretty clever.

Very clever editing 🙂

jon1973
    Free Member

😉 I guess I already knew the answer then… Very impressive though. I think the impressive editing is the main thing I’ll be taking away from this film though.

rone

It’s called an invisible edit. So you synch up your incoming edit and outgoing edit – on steadicam with Birdman – a computer performs the tweening to match the cuts. Usually the camera is in flight behind something to obscure the main elements. The long takes of that film were very very impressive.

maccruiskeen

Its covered quite nicely here – making comparison to Hitchcock doing the same sort of thing many moons back

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FthEJGR61c8[/video]

SaxonRider

It was a stunning film, overall.

If you want to see some spectacular long takes, though, watch Russian Ark.

[video]https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=J–TDEHizVA[/video]

IdleJon

It was a stunning film, overall.

Do you think so?

I came away wondering why I’d watched it. Some of it was very clever, obviously, but at the end I just thought, ‘So what?’

Although, to contradict myself, it is a memorable film but not one that I’d bother watching again.

eddiebaby
    Free Member

Russian Ark with long takes?
    It was just the one shot. Amazing. Pointless.

devash
    Free Member

I love saying the following in a thick Scouse accent;

“BEEEEEEEERDMAN! Boss film that like!”

seadog101

Watched it, loved it. Is now on my must buy the DVD list, and will be one of those few films I will watch again and again.

IHN

It’s one of only two films where I actually left the cinema half way through.

ebennett

Agree with Jon, watched it the other night and thought that, while technically and artistically impressive, it just wasn’t that entertaining. For the winner of best picture, it felt like a let down after seeing most of the other nominees from that year (boyhood, whiplash, grand Budapest and imitation game) and thinking they were fantastic.

mildred

Self indulgent pap.

DezB
    Free Member

Did you see the continuous shot in “You, Me & the Apocalypse” the other week?
    That was impressive. In the car, it started on the driver’s window and went all the way round the interior and out the back window.
    Slightly more entertaining than Birdman too. Which was ok.

SaxonRider

Grand Budapest Hotel = superb

Imitation Game = Benedict Cumberbatch vehicle 😕

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘Birdman (the film)’ is closed to new replies.