Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Bird mtb should make a rigid and full sus fat bike?
  • jumperalpine
    Free Member

Who thinks bird mtb should make rigid and full suspension fat bikes to tackle swinley and also to stand out from the crowd enter your opinions and ideas so we can see how cool it would be

plyphon
    Free Member

Are you from Bird or soemthing?

The fatbike market is incredibly crowded now. You got your fatbike standard On Ones right through to your swanky carbon thingies with bouncy bits.

Bird would have to do something magical either with the price, the design or both to even think about being able to sell any.

jumperalpine
    Free Member

I’m not from bird i just support them as they are local to my riding grounds and I think bird have the potential to design a bike that’s not only better value but better performance and a more unique original design than the others tiger is great potential in bird

womp
    Free Member

I think Bird should make an electric bike so I can piss people off on Strava

jumperalpine
    Free Member

Hahahaha I don’t think they’d stoop that low

benpinnick

ha ha, I cant see us doing an eBike no. Not until the UK law changes anyway 😉

On Fatbikes, investing in that is pretty much a waste of money now as far as I can see. We’d be too late to the party – The FB craze will probably fade in a year or so, and be superceded by plus size, which has the potential to be a long term ‘size’ much more than fat bikes do. Plus brings its own challenges, but I am already looking at what might be coming along, and speaking with some of the pioneers like WTB to see where they think its going. A plus compatible FS is certainly a viable option we’re looking at! By taking it 1x only you can start to fit really big tyres into the frame, which opens up proper geo with big wheels and ‘standard’ components. 3 inch tyres running on wide rims and fairly tall profiles could still work with most current component setups if you slim down the drive a little…

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Bird mtb should make a rigid and full sus fat bike?’ is closed to new replies.