Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Bird carbon wheels?
  • downhilldave

Any one got some. Are they any good? The Dt 350’s are a known quantity, how about the rest of the wheelset, rims in particular. TIA

alextemper
    Free Member

Tested out 2 sets of prototypes for their Carbon Wheels, both on the Zero Hardtail and Aeris FS. The last set was sub 1400g with the newer asymmetric rim and gave me no issues whatsoever. Ask for the rachet upgrade on the hubs for a few extra quid.

jimboraf
    Free Member

I’ve got a set and really like them on my Aeris. Super light and stiff. I have only been on a few rides but they accelerate notably faster than my old Stans crest wheel set and seem to be holding up well. Birds’ aftermarket support is excellent too should you have any issues.

downhilldave

Cheers guys, will have a look 😉

AlexSimon

I’ve done 1,597km on mine including Whistler.
    I’m on the thinner ones and love them.

I’ve punctured a couple of times and the rims don’t seem to show any wounds from the rocks they must have rolled over.

The actual matt finish is pretty easily scratched though (not that I’m bothered).

I would say that the hookless sides are quite tall compared to some aluminium rims, so they can pierce a tyre when running really low pressures. I’ve ended up running about 22psi (ardent 2.25 rear, minion front).

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Bird carbon wheels?’ is closed to new replies.