• This topic has 31 replies, 12 voices, and was last updated 9 years ago by Alex.
Viewing 32 posts - 1 through 32 (of 32 total)
  • Bird aeris owners
  • alwhit
    Free Member

Are there any in the north west of England that would be willing for me to have a look at throw my leg over. Got my 40 th this year new bike approved and I like the look of them but really want to look at one in the flesh

Thanks in advance

Allan

razorrazoo

Drop them a line via their FB page or website, they’re a friendly bunch and may be able to point you in the right direction if no luck here.

tommyhine

Saw two at the Aston Hill downhill race yesterday and they looked lovely and they were flying down the hill. Good riders on them as well though

alwhit
    Free Member

I have been in touch with them but it’s a long way down there from lancs, they said there at the ukge in Grizedale but that’s over 2 months off need to buy something before then

razorrazoo

Far enough, could try this Aeris owning chap (lifted from previous Aeris thread);

AlexSimon – Member

Other side of the Pennines – Macclesfield-ish

alwhit
    Free Member

Thanks for that will have a look at the thread

thekettle
    Free Member

There’ll be two new builds arriving in Cumbria in early June, (one small one XL) with myself and a mate. Welcome to try either if you can wait that long. We test rode some at Bird HQ and Swinley yesterday – excellent first impressions, made my Nukeproof Mega feel short!

rhid

I’m keen to hear your feedback on the Aeris, especially the small sized frame. I’m in North Wales so getting to Swinnley is a right pain!

THe Kettle – What were you and your pal riding before you decided on the Aeris?

thekettle
    Free Member

I’m on a 2012 Mega, mate is on a Devinci Spartan. Both riding Lakes regularly, racing various enduro type events (EWS/UKGE/Mega/Trans Savoie etc). I’m in North Wales every couple of months so could probably co-ordinate a meet-up/test ride of the small (mine) in the summer/autumn.

alwhit
    Free Member

The kettle having ridden one how would you say the bearings will hold up,life time on frames ok but if the bearing go and as we all know it rains a bit up here

hughjayteens
    Free Member

They have rental ones at the FOD I believe.

thekettle
    Free Member

@alwhit, no idea on bearing durability, the demo bike was fine and it had clearly had a good hammering – I’d ask Ben at Bird if you’re concerned. Having spent a couple of hours chatting to the Bird guys, I can tell you they have done epic amounts of R&D and are sticklers for detail – right down to providing the bikes with spare spokes, and pre-filling the Debonair with shock spacers so you can self-tune it without buying any.

benpinnick

Thats the question to which no-one knows the answer I am afraid @alwhit. We’ve never replaced any on our protos or demo fleet, and none are showing signs of needing to be replaced any time soon. Given that the oldest demo bikes have seen 3 or 4 rides a week on average for 8 months, thats a pretty long life already in normal riding terms.

We spec Enduro Max full ball sealed bearings in normal sizes so when the time comes you’ll have plenty of options to choose from online for replacements, including of course from us at a reasonable, un-inflated price.

creedy
    Free Member

Al, why don’t you plan a weekend riding down here. Stop at mine and book a demo at swinners. It’s not that far. Your making me feel old you turning 40! You could even come down the Friday do a demo sat morning and go back sat afternoon. Fb me if interested mate

alwhit
    Free Member

We’ll have a think about it creedy ,but getting twitchy finger on buy it button and just hope its as good as it sounds

creedy
    Free Member

Mate, everyone raves about them. I’ve followed/stalked Ben around swinley a few times and the customer service is apparently top draw. If I could afford a new bike now that’s up there. They also look great IMO. Phone them up to run through it then buy one. And then let me have a go next time I’m up. Think if I demo’d one at swinley it could be divorce 🙂

alwhit
    Free Member

Well gone and done it 3 weeks new bike, any one to buy a norco sight with hope wheels just how to tell the wife 😳 😀

creedy
    Free Member

Most importantly, what colour? i’ll expect some pics on FB mate. Of you and bike in some remote area, at 5.30 am, having already been out for an hour!

creedy
    Free Member

You racing the october gisburn Enduro mate?

alwhit
    Free Member

Going to kirroughtree enduro again then we’ll see , it’s the blue one in a medium 2-10 set up

alwhit
    Free Member

big thumbs

creedy
    Free Member

thought you’d be a 1x 11 man 🙂 I’ll message you next time i’m up. Can’t get enough of riding in the lakes and wish could get up there more than once every couple of months! but i did miss the range of the 2×10 last weekend and im not half as fit as you!!

alwhit
    Free Member

1 – 11 ANY DAY ON TRAIL CENTERS BUT BEEN ON A FEW RIDES IN A GROUPS AROUND THE LAKES AND SOME OF THE BETTER FITTER RIDERS JUST RUN OUT OF GEARS WITH THE STEEPNESS ON 1-10 1-11 (O AND I DO LIKE A GRANNY )

creedy
    Free Member

No need to shout 😉 yeah I did find that last week.

jameswilliams54
    Free Member

Blue one please

alwhit
    Free Member

That’s the one, lazy or shouting my laptops old and doesn’t do it for me (punctuation that is)

Alex

Blue’s okay but green’s better 🙂

[url=https://flic.kr/p/rTvaxG]Bird Aeris – first ride[/url] by Alex Leigh, on Flickr

I ummed and arred for a long time about 2×10 (as I ride a lot in the Malvern Hills) but ended up going with 1×10 with a 32T and a big rear sprocket.

Teetosugars
    Free Member

Where can you find out the specs?

Alex

Website has a number of models and you can do full custom (like mine)

1981miked
    Free Member

Got to be Orange in colour.. Everybody knows Orange coloured bikes are quicker. Small are sold out according to website though.. : (

Probably for the best financially.

razorrazoo

Bird’s carbon wheels Alex?

Alex

Yep. Only had a quick ride so can’t really say much about them. Other than they are light and ping very nicely when you flick them 🙂

Viewing 32 posts - 1 through 32 (of 32 total)

The topic ‘Bird aeris owners’ is closed to new replies.