Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Bird Aeris 145 – stiffer?
  • jsm

Anyone know anything about it, apart from it’s not out yet. I like the look of it, but read rumours of flex in the old version. Will the 145 be stiffer?

[rumours as some say it’s not flexy, to be clear]

johnw1984
    Free Member

I think the flex was improved on the MK 1.5 Aeris. Someone mentioned flex on the MK1, but to be honest I probably wouldn’t have noticed.

legend
    Free Member

Will the 145 be stiffer?

50:50 chance, so I’m going for Yes

thegreatape
    Free Member

IIRC the flex issue was raised by a magazine tester, and Birds response was that it was a pre-production (or something) bike the magazine had, and whatever it was had been resolved for production bikes. Make of that what you will, but from my own dealings with them and what I’ve read of others, I wouldn’t have any difficulty believing what they say.

notsospeedydaz
    Free Member

I can’t say I have felt any flex in my aeris

superstu
    Free Member

Think Ben from Bird has been on here and stated that the magazine tester who commented on that ended up buying one..

I have a mark 1.5 aeris and don’t notice any flex. Not confirmation bias, maybe I’m not using it hard enough (very likely)

Why don’t you test one of the current ones and see what you think?

psycorp
    Free Member

Not noticed any flex in mine, I am a bit of a mincer compared to some though.

chiefgrooveguru

The Mk 1.5 was definitely stiffer than the original (1x only so I presume wider pivot spacing) and the 145 is boost and 1x so will be stiffer still.

jamesoz

Have you ridden the mk1 and 1.5?

superdan

My mk 1.5 Aeris is a lot flexier than the Process I had before it, it isn’t a bad thing necessarily, it tracks and grips well, I just kept thinking I had a soft rear tire for the first few rides.

I am 92kg in kit though.

Onzadog
    Free Member

Any idea of what the 145 will weigh?

mark90
    Free Member

This review describes the frame as stiff and reports the weight of the full bike around 30lb

https://stealthriders.com/2017/01/21/bird-aeris-one45-review/

jsm

I rode one the other day, defo not flexi.

andymb
    Free Member

Any idea of what the 145 will weigh?

i emailed airdrop, orange and bird recently to find out

http://singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/what-do-orange-5-and-airdrop-edit-frames-weigh

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Bird Aeris 145 – stiffer?’ is closed to new replies.