Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Bircher Muesli
  • zippykona

We had this on holiday and liked it.
    Not sure why it’s twice the price of normal muesli.
    Anyway today’s muesli was soaked overnight in apple juice had 2 spoons of yoghurt added and apple grated onto it. Very tasty.
    How do you do yours?

Junkyard
    Free Member

soak oats over night- I prefer to use milk[ soya ] than fruit juice.
    in the morning
    Grate an apple into it- the only essential ingredient IMHO for the crunch
    Add whatever fruit i happen to have mix of citrus and soft fruits in summer more dried fruits in winter [ which you can also soak if you wish ] but i usually only use dates for that. Often use desiccated coconut and various seeds which are cheap if you have a local asian store nearby.

For me its just a dish for using whatever fruit you have to hand.

Yak

Lidl fruity one with milk.
    Failing that, a couple of fried eggs on toast.

dantsw13

I have some variety of this most days. Use jumbo oats, rather than the smashed up processed ones. They only really need 2 hrs to soak.

I keep big bags of frozen red berries (Sainsbury’s basic ones) and microwave a few every morning to use in it.
    Flax seed
    Chia seed
    Cinnamon
    Dried cranberries
    Milk
    Greek yoghurt
    Chopped nuts.

Lovely!! In fact I’ve just eaten a bowl now!!

chipster

2 dessert spoons of bought in muesli (last one was Sainsbury’s nutty bircher) mixed 50/50 with porridge oats, a layer of fruit (banana and blueberries, usually) then 2 dollops of Lidl low fat Greek yoghurt), repeat to fill the seal-able pot (Tupperware type thing)
    I make 2, sorts me for the following 2 mornings’ breakfasts.
    The idea came from someone who posted it on here a few years ago.

commander
    Free Member

My good lady is half Swiss and spent/spends a lot of time over there, I discovered this veritable feast of a yoghurty thing a couple of years back and now it probably makes up 10% of my food intake.
    No idea what she puts in it but she makes something the size of a small bucketfull every 3 to four days and I plough through it.
    Seems to be soaked oats, at least two different types of yoghurt, milk, mixed fruit. All blummin sorts.

eulach

It’s disgusting and it’s Müesli.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Bircher Muesli’ is closed to new replies.