Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Bir of advice before i go to Antur…..
  • astura
    Free Member

Got myself into Antur this weekend, i ride a 2013 Orange five pro but im thinking would i benfit from sticking some downhill tyres on the bike? I have got a set, there very heavy but is it worth it?

Also how will i get on with my five, obviously with it not being a downhill bike im curious to understand how it will cope. Everything i have thrown at it to date has been fine

Bagstard
    Free Member

You will be fine on a five, but the combination of speed and rock on Black powder can be pretty hard on a bike. Defo go with dual ply, you wont notice the weight, it is all downhill, have fun!

grum
    Free Member

If you’ve go them you might as well stick them on. Five will be fine. Enjoy!

singlespeedstu

Last time i went there were more trail bike than DH bikes.
    If you have dual ply tyres use them. It’s what they were designed for.

timmys

Downhill tyres for deffo. If you want to ride the blacks you need a full face BTW.

loverofminkys

I’ve ridden it a few times on my five and its been pretty much perfect for it. The only times I’ve ever wished for my downhill bike has been when looking at the big drop – but tbh I dont think i would of ridden it anyway! But stick the dual ply tyres on and enjoy it!

passtherizla
    Free Member

Yep DH tubes and tyres or even better DH tyres and tubeless. As others have said 5 will be fine. Place is rad. Have fun. I’ve ridden everything in a piss pot and no one said anything.

Northwind

What they said… If you’ve got em, little reason not to. I was on singleplies last time due to bad planning and had no problems but loads of other folks flatted.

chiefgrooveguru

If you’re lazy or short of time it’s the rear that needs the dual ply the most – I pinch flatted a UST tyre there running tubeless – although it was on the back of my hardtail!

mindmap3
    Free Member

You’ll be reet on a Five. Both times I’ve been most have been in trail bikes.

I’d definitely chuck on some DH tyres and tubes though for some puncture protection.

Have fun….it’s ace. I find the blacks beat me up less than the blue and red which I guess is due to less traffic.

spicer
    Free Member

+ Lots of pressure in the rear else you’ll flat if you’re riding hard!
    And the more body armour you have the better, I felt daft in my stormtrooper style armour but if you come off on those rocks you’ll be glad!

bails

I was fine on my C456 (on the blue) with Hans Dampfs and DH tubes, depends on how smooth you are, and how lucky your are I guess, but the bike will be absolutely fine. If you’ve got DH tyres then you might as well use them.

astura
    Free Member

Great Tryes changed, what time is it open?

rascal
    Free Member

Five on DH rubber? You’ll be fine.
    Did it last year on a Meta with single ply 2.35 High Rollers with DH tubes with no probs.
    Fair play if you do the that black drop – seeing it in the flesh is scary compared to watching on the interwebs.
    It’s a bloody brilliant, knackering day that is made much better by cold beers in Blaenau after 😉
    2nd visit booked up in September.

astura
    Free Member

What time does it open?

chiefgrooveguru

Fair play if you do the that black drop – seeing it in the flesh is scary compared to watching on the interwebs.

It’s bloody huge and there’s a weird run in (presumably to stop potential lemmings like me throwing themselves off to their doom?)!

astura
    Free Member

Great – will look out for that. I cant find anywhere on the website to say what time it opens, any ideas???

grahamt1980

While I agree a trail bike would be fine there, a DH bike is awesome as you can run it full tilt and just fly down the trails.
    That said I am still not going near that drop

astura
    Free Member

just found the hours, really struggled to find that

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

The topic ‘Bir of advice before i go to Antur…..’ is closed to new replies.