Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • Bionicon V2 chainguide
  • dingabell
    Free Member

Hi there. Has anyone actually managed to get hold of one of these in the UK yet? I’m having trouble finding any stockists. If you have, are they as genius as they look?

timmys

Jeez, popular topic!

Yesterday;
    http://singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/bionicon-chain-guide

Last week;
    http://singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/bionicon-chain-guide-any-thoughtsopinionsusers

When I spoke to them last week BETD/Goldtec had them in stock in Green/Gold/Blue, they don’t have them on the website so you need to ring them. They said a couple of weeks for Black or Red.

I emailed Moose Cycles and they said “about two weeks”.

I also emailed Roger @ Bionicon UK and didn’t get a reply. Bionicon don’t even have a list of UK retailers on their website as far as I can see.

I’m desperately after a red or black one so would be grateful if anyone has any other info.

speaker2animals

Oh how Mr Tomkins must be kicking himself!

dingabell
    Free Member

Sorry, I did a forum search but it didn’t come up with anything. Can’t see the Flickr photos but I’m imagining someone came up with a DIY version long before this one came on the market? BTW I’ve found the V1 model reduced for £20 but it doesn’t look half as good. Going to wait for the new pimpy version whenever that emerges on UK shores. Sounds like it’s going to fly off the shelves though.

faz083
    Free Member

yes and there’s always the 1990’s fanboys who love the retro, and frankly, crap designs. The c.guide v2 looks decent, performs decent and isn’t TOO expensive. People need to stop posting pictures of aged crap and focus on the thread in hand.

akira

Try Evans, we’ve had quite a few through the shop recently.

andymc06
    Free Member

Not sure why this has been resurrected ?

akira

hmmm didn’t check date, just popped up. Maybe he still hasn’t found one yet 😉

Paceman
    Free Member

Got mine from Charlie The Bikemonger… It’s ace 😀

batman11
    Free Member

Think on one sell them now.

chives
    Free Member

They’re pretty good in general, I’ve gone 10 speed with a clutch mech now, but used one for a fair bit before that. Great for rocky terrain, but not much cop in thick clag though, (I almost ripped the thing off during a race – spot the clean cable tie). So if you ride in regular slop-fests you might think again. As Paceman, CTBM sells them.

2XC2012 Rnd 3 !

pguy78
    Free Member

Got mine from here http://www.bikeseven.co.uk/ in red, still saying in stock as well. Got a free pen and puncture repair kit as well.

thorpie
    Free Member

Can’t remember where I got mine but they are ace, haven’t dropped my chain once since using it (was always jumping off before). Cotic sell them as an option with their frames now, don’t know if they sell them on their own?

thorpie
    Free Member

Infact, mine was from bikeseven as well, free pen and puncture repair kit!

colournoise

To anyone already using one of these.

What if any top guide are you using too?
    Clutch mech or not?
    What type of riding?

thorpie
    Free Member

Use mine with a triple setup so in conjunction with a front mech, normal rear mech and ride mainly xc, trail centres, Greno/Wharncliffe.

blob
    Free Member

I got mine from bike-discount.de and it works great but I wouldn’t bother buying another. Next time i’ll save myself £30 and just use a bit of garden hose and a couple of cable ties!

faz083
    Free Member

Cotic sell them direct? Email them!

wobbem
    Free Member

Ripped mine off in the mud as well. Made a mod since then it had worked flawlessly. (3 layers off orad bike inner tube)

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)

The topic ‘Bionicon V2 chainguide’ is closed to new replies.