Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Alright Pshycometric then ! tests , how do you outwit them ? Whatever !
  • oldfart

Apparently I dont even have the right stuff to be an Aldi Caretaker based on their Smart Styles test ? So if there aren’t any right or wrong answers how do you get pass the test to speak to an actual person ?

Stoner
    Free Member

Biometric tests , how do you outwit them ?

By working out the difference between Biometric and Psychometric?

willard

Yes, I was about to ask… I did wonder what retina/fingerprint authentication systems had to do with Aldi.

perchypanther
    Free Member

Find a person with the right authorisation level and remove their right eye and chop off their right hand.

Happens in films all the time.

Rubber_Buccaneer

Stoner – Member
    By removing your finger prints/end of your finger

FTFY 🙂

Stoner
    Free Member

Biometric WIN!
    Psychometric FAIL 🙁

Anyway – In answer to the OP’s Qu, by practice. You can get online Verbal and non verbal and numeric reasoning examples, or pay for practice courses like:

https://www.jobtestprep.co.uk/aldi-aptitude

We buy reasoning practice books from WHSmiths or The Works for the boys too.

jambalaya
    Free Member

IME the physcometric tests are quite accurate / revealing. Imwouodmalways advocate just answering honestly, some of theyests use the time for responce as an indicator fyi. OP I’d be cynical about “computer says no” message, it’s an easy excuse, could be other reasons. I was once told I had the best test results they’d ever seen but I didn’t get the promotion/new job. Not the be all and end all.

Onwards and upwards

martinhutch

Pshycometric

footflaps

Just think “What would Hannibal Lecter do?” before answering each question….

mikewsmith
    Free Member

The way the test is designed are to push questions at you fast enough and in different variations to get to the real answers. In that respect unless you are very good fooling them is a hard game as you will trip yourself up and look worse.
    In general you use the tests as a quick ways to ditch people without having to bother interviewing – a decent interviewer could get the real answer from you bit that costs time and cash. As for Aldi an interesting place to work from what I know looking in.

TooTall
    Free Member

I dont even have the right stuff to be an Aldi Caretaker

I doubt I do either. We’re all different. Or is your issue that you think you’d be a perfect Aldi Caretaker and find it a fulfilling career choice and this has dashed your hopes?

munrobiker
    Free Member

Alright Pshycometric then ! tests , how do you outwit them ? Whatever !

I doubt any of that would suggest good things to a tester.

oldfart

I was looking at it as practice , I’m 61 and cruising to the Queens shilling in under 5 years , but if something did come up……..

imnotverygood

Have you ever considered that the test results might just be right?

chakaping
    Free Member

Were the Qs general ones about your personality or related to hypothetical work situations?

The latter I think you can give “right” answers, the former you may as well just be honest – with the caveat of thinking “does this make me sound like a knob?” as you submit each answer.

geetee1972
    Free Member

It depends on what psychometrics have been used. You can ‘game’ some, specifically the ones designed to give insight on your likely behaviours, motivations, fit etc (basically the output of your personality) but you’d need to be a qualified Organisational Psychologist, probably with a PhD, to know how to do that and it would be pretty obvious what you were doing.

The ones that evaluate your cognitive ability (basically how clever you are), can’t be gamed. You’re either smart or your not. Practise also makes very little if any difference. The only variable you can eliminate by practise is nerves but that has almost no impact on your performance.

For a position like an Aldi Caretaker, they’re going to be looking for someone who is the right fit for the job. Being way over qualified (far too clever, far too outgoing, ambitious etc) is as much a problem as not being clever/good/outgoing enough.

The whole point of pyschometrics is that the increase your chances of picking the exact right person for the job, which is not the same thing as deciding if they can do the job.

unknown
    Free Member

Gt is correct. Practice in ability tests is next to pointless and there’s no point trying to cheat a personality questionnaire because a: it’s smarter than you and b: it knows when you’re lying.

Unknown MSc (Occupational Psychology), BPS accredited test user.

wordnumb
    Free Member

Biometric WIN!
    Psychometric FAIL

Sounds successfully psycho to me.

oldfart

I think they might be on to something though ? When I 1st left Royal Mail a few years ago I did one of these tests to be a shelf filler at B& Q from midnight to 6 am , according to their test I wasn’t suitable for a customer facing role , check the time of the job the store wasn’t open then ? As for the customer facing bit I’d been a front line customer facing postie for nearly 27 years ! I did some digging , found the person responsible for the tests and questioned the result especially the customer facing part suggesting that I wouldn’t have lasted that long if I couldn’t talk to people and how many people would I meet while the store was closed ? . I said maybe your missing some potentially valuable future employees , of course she defended the test saying it always worked fine for them .

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

The topic ‘Alright Pshycometric then ! tests , how do you outwit them ? Whatever !’ is closed to new replies.