• This topic has 15 replies, 11 voices, and was last updated 13 years ago by Drac.
Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Bins and Post
  • Xylene
    Free Member

Buses are capable of traveling up and down my street. Trucks can travel up and down my street.

So how come the binman and the postman can’t?

I’ve had no post now for a week, still waiting for some cranks, mech and something else that I’ve forgotten about.

My bins are full and outside the house. Yet if they binmen could be bothered, they can easily drive up the street and collect bins.

What are they doing? They’re just making their lives harder next week when they collect the rubbish and it’s twice as much.

yesiamtom
    Free Member

if one of them slips and chips a nail they will probably sue.

goog
    Free Member

have you paid your council tax ?

Xylene
    Free Member

Of course.

GrahamS

Our valiant postman just chapped on our door to deliver a parcel. He has to walk our street as we’re well snowed in He was covered in snow and wrapped up like an artic explorer, but he was still chipper and polite.

I scalded him for getting our letters wet and slammed the door in his face. 😀

meehaja
    Free Member

I tried earlier in the year to get the council to admit that the bins weren’t being collected as the drivers were on snow plows and graters all night. That’d be fine, I’d support that. But telling me that its unsafe for them to drive down my road takes the ****! If I can drive up it in my 28 year old van, i’m sure they can get there truck down it, and to make matters worse, I have to drive and work in the snow, the only concession being i’ve been issued with a “snow sock” for my 5 ton ambulance which struggles to stay stuck to the road on a dry day! ANd! AND! No one has collected my recycling for two years! I don’t care if everyone else on my street is a scruff and doesn’t understand recycling! I put recyclable rubbishin my recycling bin and pay tax for some dozy **** to collect it, and no one does! After I complained every week gor a month eventually the whole bin disappeared but then I got a ****y letter telling me that there was recyclable waste in my normal bin and I should recycyle? How morons How?

GRRR!

psling
    Free Member

I scalded him…

Not very nice, he’d have been even wetter than the letters and it would have hurt 😯 😆

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Well spotted psling 😀

SiB
    Free Member

Now seems like an apt time to thank my binmen and postman (well, delivery drivers actually)……last december the recycle bin was emptied by the binmen as normal and along came a delivery driver, found nobody was in so put all the packages for delivery in the recycle bin for ‘safe keeping’ with no note through the door to say where packages were left!! No, they didnt get recycled but it was a mighty cheap christmas when we told the delivery firm that the bins get emptied on the same day as the packages were delivered! Not cheap items either for a 14 and 16 year old! Full refund given.

Xylene
    Free Member

My mates a landfill manager down scunny way and he drove past the local council refuse place today on the way to work, to see lots of the workers he knew from the wagons outside. Asked them if they were going to work today and they told him that it was too dangerous and they were waiting to tell their boss they weren’t going out.

Zulu-Eleven
    Free Member

Elf n’ safety doncha know!

Or Darwinian evolution as we called it when I was school…

Drac

We had post today, first time in a week. Can’t say I’m bothered it’s fair enough.

No idea if the bin men will come or not but I’ll manage if they don’t.

mtbmatt
    Free Member

If you know you have post/parcels then go pick it up from your local Delivery Office.

GrahamS

Not very nice, he’d have been even wetter than the letters and it would have hurt

I had my manservant pour boiling oil on him from the parapet. 😀
    (mutter… stupid American dictionary)

Xylene
    Free Member

If you know you have post/parcels then go pick it up from your local Delivery Office.

I don’t have the little red card they put through the door, which I presume I need to get post.

Drac

I don’t have the little red card they put through the door, which I presume I need to get post.

Take some ID that’s usually enough.

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘Bins and Post’ is closed to new replies.