Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Bing OS maps, have they died?
  • LordFelchamtheIII
    Free Member

Used to be able to look at 1:25k OS maps using BING. Am I blind? Or is it hidden in the vast depths of BING, somewhere where’s it’s more easily accessible

allthepies
    Free Member

You are blind 🙂

Road dropdown, top left of map.

jam-bo

works for me. drop-down at top right of map, pick OS. loads 50k and then 25k as you zoom in.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    LordFelchamtheIII
    Free Member

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh… seems like Chrome is to blame! Works in Firefox, weird…

Many thanks

jam-bo

chrome is fine here.

Jamze

There was a new Bing maps it offered me to look at the other day and that was missing OS mapping. Perhaps they are dropping it.

CraigW
    Free Member

The OS maps are missing for me in Firefox, though it used to be there. Still works fine in Chrome.
    Not sure why, does it need some sort of plugin, or is it something about my browser settings?

kcal

Not playing in Safari (new Bing Maps).
    Chrome fine for 1:50k and 1:25k (old Bing Maps). New Bing Maps – road doesn’t seem to have OS option..

Green

It’s a new Bing Maps thing, if you want to go back to the old Bing maps then click on ‘feedback’ in the bottom right hand corner and click on ‘exit’, this will take you back to the old Bing Maps with OS mapping.

mattyfez

I really like open Street map, OS is expensive and not great, open Street map requires a signal though but it’s great for biking
    Open Street map
    If you hit one of the side buttons there’s also a cycle filter.

cp

As above, I suspect every one with issues of it disappearing is on the new bing maps. Clear your cookies and reload the page or find the little opt out link.

I hope they continue to offer it in new bing maps eventually.

krixmeister

Bing OS maps don’t work for me on Chrome, on Mac (10.10). I have to use Firefox to get them to work. Might be a Mac thang?

#EDIT – well I’ll be.. Working on Chrome for me now. Didn’t used to – was just about the only reason I had Firefox installed.

GrahamS

I really like open Street map, OS is expensive and not great, open Street map requires a signal though but it’s great for biking

Plenty of apps out there that use OpenStreetMap.

Try the ViewRanger app, it lets you download areas of OSM so you don’t need a signal when you are out.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Bing OS maps, have they died?’ is closed to new replies.