Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • Bin thieves – Piss boiling
  • surroundedbyhills
    Free Member

I have had two blue recylcing bins nicked in the last 4 months despite writing my house number on them, resorted to using a B&Q storage box as it was more identifiably mine (or so I thought) – now it’s gone too…whats the deal?
    You put your bin out, you take your bin back it’s quite simple is it not?

and Breathe.

Jamie
    Free Member

GPS tracker hidden in the next one?

mogrim

Quick ride round the neighbourhood to look for them? Next time burn your house number into the bins using a soldering iron…

wwaswas

You’ve had your bin stolen?

Pah, that’s nothing! I’ve got to spend the next hour looking at a thread title with a spelling mistake in it.

[edit] edit function deployed 🙂

surroundedbyhills
    Free Member

You’ve had your bin stolen?

Pah, that’s nothing! I’ve got to spend the next hour looking at a thread title with a spelling mistake in it.

I’ve no idea what your talking about… 😐

and yes I do know…

RustySpanner

Someone’s stolen your nib?

martinhutch

Paint the next one with fairy rainbows and unicorns, or attach a picture of Jimmy Saville.

Northwind

We keep getting ours nicked. They’re free to get a new one here, so why would you steal one? (weirdly someone nicked our broken cardboard recycling box with the big hole in it, now we have a nice shiny new one that’s like twice the size)

johndoh
    Free Member

Move to a better neighbourhood.

dooosuk
    Free Member

There’s always a pile of bins left in the alley at the end of my road. Seems a certain few houses can’t be bothered to collect them. People then put the wrong type of rubbish in the wrong bins and they aren’t collected.

Feel free to come and take as many bins from there as you like!

Jamie
    Free Member

Steal a bin from a better neighbourhood.

FTFY.

surroundedbyhills
    Free Member

dooosuk – Member

There’s always a pile of bins left in the alley at the end of my road. Seems a certain few houses can’t be bothered to collect them.

This ^^ I live at 90deg to the entrance to a cul de sac, the last of a quite big block of flats/townhouses, so all the bins from the block end up adjacent to me, 6 or seven wheelie bins are never collected by the owners but they nick my blue bins!

And another thing, when you ask the council for a replacement they deliver the whole flaming lot, blue, brown 2 x food waste, now have a collection of food waste bins.

Breathing and walking away from the keyboard, jeez I am so middle aged and grumpy. 😡

dmorts

Did it disappear on collection day? Sometime they break being tipped into the lorry or actually fall off into the lorry (so I’m told). When we lived down south we had our black bin (general rubbish) go missing. The council could not tell me whether the bin men broke it/fell in lorry, they said they wouldn’t be told or have any way of knowing as it’s subcontracted. A replacement was £30 or if I reported it as stolen I got it free.

mrmonkfinger
    Free Member

Leave a dog poo in it.

trail_rat
    Free Member

you did stick a brick in it right ? they blow away in anything more than an ant farting on his way past.

technicallyinept
    Free Member

surroundedbyhills, do you live in Streford? 😉

Over the last 10 years I have ‘lost’ at least 7 bins.

We now have to pay £20 for a new general waste bin but replacement recycling bins are free.

My missing blue paper bin appeared (after 18 months) full of general rubbish. I reported this to the council and it was emptied on the next general waste collection. The f*cking thing had disappeared again before my lodger got home from work.

Drac

It’s fine probably someone less fortunate then you doing some freegan so it’s not theft.

jekkyl

Yeah mrmonk but if no-one nicks it he’s put a turd in his own recycling bin!

zzjabzz
    Free Member

I had a new one delivered by Manchester council once that I use for cider making. They’re an ideal fermentation vessel. I pretended it got nicked so that I could get a replacement. Yes, I know, I’m bad. Crucify me.

surroundedbyhills
    Free Member

@zzbjazz – I’ll keep an eye for any suspicous home brewing activity.

for the record I am not taking a dump in my recylcing bin.

Jamie
    Free Member

I should hope so.

…..as garden waste should go in a different bin.

martinhutch

My council expressly rules putting my ‘special compost’ in the garden bin. Jobbiesworths.

gecko76

Round us it’s been kids taking them into the woods to set fire to them recently.

Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)

The topic ‘Bin thieves – Piss boiling’ is closed to new replies.