Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 73 total)
  • Bin Men – you have one job to do.
  • onandon
    Free Member

How hard is it to pick up a bin, empty it and put it back where you got it.
    Why do you decided to dump it 300 yards down the f*****g road.

Also, make sure the bin is empty before you decide to dump it somewhere in the postcode.

Then you hang around at Christmas for a f*****g tip.

matt_outandabout

Ours are brilliant – work long, long hours due to council cuts, collect everything (even stuff left neatly with bins) and do kerbside recycling. They even manage a smile and wave at next doors toddler. 8)

avdave2

They even manage a smile and wave at next doors toddler.

But the ungrateful little shit still manages to launch a tirade against them! 🙂

Trimix
    Free Member

Ours are flipping useless. I know they have a pretty crap job, but that’s no excuse for doing it badly.

jekkyl

one on our road demolished a lorry wing mirror and half a kerbside tree by backing through it.

kayak23

I do like their cor blimey trousers though.

hammyuk
    Free Member

Ours won’t take anything that isn’t in the bin – with the lid closed perfectly.
    Otherwise they’ll walk back to the wagon, get a tag, walk back to the bin, place tag on hinge of bin that states either “overfilled” or “wrong items in bin” or “wrong plastics in bin” etc.
    Could’ve emptied it during that time and walked half the distance too.
    Oh – they also won’t walk too far either – you have to take the bin down the road to a specified point or they won’t empty it.

oldtalent
    Free Member

I personally like the morzine way, probably other euro places as well, with communal bins & recyclers scattered around.
    Wouldn’t work over here though, some dick would try to put a sofa into in.

Paul@RTW
    Free Member

or set fire to it for the lols

DezB
    Free Member

Every Wednesday, I put my bin on the drive. When I come home it’s empty, so I put it back next to the garage.
    I might be joining them in that career soon, so no criticism here.

bikebouy
    Free Member

Pretty good here TBH, although the recycle bin has been rejected once because they don’t take glass bottles..

Like who knew.

onandon
    Free Member

As above. I lived in Geneva and we had large communal bins which were ace.
    No problems with fires etc but I know here in the UK it wouldn’t work.

slowoldman

I do like their cor blimey trousers though.

and daisy roots.

allan23
    Free Member

Not too bad in Selby District, although a couple of the drivers choose the most stupid place to stop and block the whole road.

Although I’d probably do the same or you’d get some knob trying to overtake and running the rest of the lorry crew over.

jambalaya
    Free Member

Ours are useless also. Council Tax at record highs and refuse collection every 2 weeks. People are nice enough, service is poor.

ski
    Free Member

Why don’t you try doing their job for a week and then post back here when you have!

Junkyard
    Free Member

have any of you ever tried this job?

they are so busy and so pushed to finish that they have to run/jog/trot to keep up with the truck so they drop the bins where they finish

I am sure, with a hike in council tax prices you wont need to take your bin to somewhere near your house or collect it from somewhere near your house.

Try the job or watch them at work or complain you dont pay enugh to get a good service but dont blame them for them having to work quickly to get the route done

Its also not their fault you overfill your bin

somouk
    Free Member

No complaints about our bin men as such, they always do a reasonable job.

My issue is the Council reducing our refuse collection to bi-weekly and me not getting a cut in council tax for the inconvenience.

DrP

Every Wednesday…

All the best people have bin collection on Monday – you know that…

DrP

avdave2

I lived in Geneva and we had large communal bins which were ace.
    No problems with fires etc but I know here in the UK it wouldn’t work.

Much of Brighton has them now. Only real problem is people sleeping in them.

legend
    Free Member

they are so busy as so pushed to finish that h=they have to run/jogstroll to keep up with the truck so they drop the bins where they finisj

more closely aligns to anything I’ve ever seen.

DrP – Member

All the best people have bin collection on Monday – you know that…

DrP

This. Means you don’t have to hold onto the rubbish from the Middle Class Dinner Party any longer than strictly necessary.

perchypanther
    Free Member

Currently, in my garden, I have 9 wheelie bins and a food recycling bin.

It stopped being funny some time ago.

munrobiker
    Free Member

In the US they just drive by your bin and a hydraulic arm reaches out to your bin, grabs it, lifts it up and dumps the rubbish in then places it back exactly where it found it. It’s quite something.

labsey
    Free Member

Ours are pretty good, bins are always left back where they found them and they usually give my toddler a wave as she loves watching them.

Had communal bins at our old apartment, the bin area was always full of TVs, mattresses etc that the bin men wouldn’t touch.

simmy
    Free Member

I don’t blame the lads and girls who do the job, they are brilliant, but it’s the rules and cuts which are the problem.

We are now on 120 litre grey bins on a fortnightly collection.

Bloke I know is a bin man and he’s told me about how the council get fined etc if they drop stuff off at the recycling centre which shouldn’t be in the bins.

metcalt

In the US they just drive by your bin and a hydraulic arm reaches out to your bin, grabs it, lifts it up and dumps the rubbish in then places it back exactly where it found it. It’s quite something

It doesn’t always go to plan…

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8FryTj_5uSA

[/video]

Keva
    Free Member

our lot have a tendency to put more rubbish on the street than in the back of their truck!

DrP

Here’s my little bin man rantette…

In our area they don’t give out wheelie bins – people just leave a bag of rubbish on the pavement and the bin men come along with their own bin, chuck the bag in, and carry on. This then gets tipped into the truck.
    It’s an area of lonely old people who make about one tiny bag of rubbish a week.

My wasteful, nappy bagging family have our OWN wheelie bin, just like the bin men. But they still won’t take that, instead they grab teh bags out of my bin, fill theirs, and then tip THAT bin.

As such, there’s a collection of ‘stuff’ at the bottom of my bin that, frankly, disgusts me, because it never gets tipped….

What would Jesus do?

DrP

somouk
    Free Member

As such, there’s a collection of ‘stuff’ at the bottom of my bin that, frankly, disgusts me, because it never gets tipped….

Do you not have a fella who comes around and cleans your bins once a month?

Mine is great, £7 for all 3 wheelie bins and leaves a lovely smelling disinfectant in them afterwards.

DrP

No….

Off to google local bin cleaning services.com

DrP

martinhutch

Do you not have a hose and a bottle of bleach?

DrP

Do you not have a hose and a bottle of bleach?

I do. You want to borrow them?

DrP

onandon
    Free Member

As for doing their job to see how it feels.
    Well, no. They get paid around 30k (where I live) to do their job and they should do it properly.
    I’m sure it’s so much more stressful than being a nurse or a fire fighter.

scaredypants

you can get massive bags for lining wheelie bins – I bet great for bivvying too, if you’re of that persuasion (maybe use for bivvying BEFORE lining the wheelie bin)

IHN

Mine is great, £7 for all 3 wheelie bins and leaves a lovely smelling disinfectant in them afterwards.

See, now, this is something I just don’t get. Why does anyone need the inside of their wheelie bin to be clean? It’s a bin, it’s where dirty things go.

perchypanther
    Free Member

*gives DrP kudos for having a wheelie bin and some bleach*

DrP

Reported for online bullying…

DrP

nedrapier

seems a reasonable excuse for posting this again:

Junkyard
    Free Member

See, now, this is something I just don’t get. Why does anyone need the inside of their wheelie bin to be clean? It’s a bin, it’s where dirty things go

+! it stays outside you only ever put waste in it of course its going to smell

What would Jesus do?

DrP
    Use washable nappies, recycle more, generate less waste and preach to others whilst saving their souls
    and you call yourself a healer.

DrP

Use washable nappies

Actually more wasteful, I believe (or I choose to believe, maybe..)

recycle more

We recycle all we can…

generate less waste

Agreed – need to aim for this…

preach to others whilst saving their souls

Every saturday afternoon, just outside the bandstand, on my soapbox..that’s me that is…

DrP

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 73 total)

The topic ‘Bin Men – you have one job to do.’ is closed to new replies.