Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Billy-no-mates looking for a Saturday Pentland ride
  • andrewh
    Free Member

Evening all,
    Just moved up to not far from Edinburgh and was wondering if there’s a ride this Saturday in the Pentlands?
    If not, would anyone like to join me for one? I have pretty much next to no local knowledge (run the Carnethy 5 a few times and the Skyline once, many years ago but never ridden there) I’ll be on a rigid SS so there is unlikely to be much in the way of gnar getting shredded, or whatever the current phrase is, just a leisurely bimble looking at the scenery. Say The Steading pub at 10am?
    PS What tyres for Pentlands? Guessing SpeedKings will be a little bald for this time of year, 2.2″ MKs OK?
    Cheers

joshvegas
    Free Member

her ya go

I think i am busy but a rigid singlespeed not gnar would be good ordinarily.

Knobs will be beneficial

scotroutes

Nice map! The non-mobile link formats better on wider screens though http://www.blog.scotroutes.com/p/pentlands-mountain-biking-routes.html

Might be worth asking here too… http://www.trailscotland.co.uk/forums/index.php

grantmccall63
    Free Member

There is a good Meetup group Edinburgh Mountain Bikers with regular rides in and around Edinburgh. There will be a regular Tuessay one starting up in the next month or 2. Just signup and you will get the notifications

bigjim

would be up for some pentlands rides in summer, there used to be regular wednesday night rides organised on here but they fizzled out

joshvegas
    Free Member

Scotroutes my apologies i had intended to credit you but got distracted.

NZCol

I’ll be out tomorrow morning, probably an early start though as I have a toddler ! I generally ride both days circa 8am depending on temp and also Tuesday nights depending on work and home life.

scotroutes

😆
    Jeez. No apology necessary. I put it out there for folk to use

joshvegas
    Free Member

Yes but its nice to give credit where credit is due!

andrewh
    Free Member

Thanks guys. Scotroutes site looks good, will have a play about on there and see what I can find.
    Sounds like most of the rides happen after the clocks have changed, bit early for me NZCol but I’ll say hello if I spot anyone, I’ll be the one with beard and the singlespeed…
    It was probably the Wednesday night rides on here I was thinking of, vaugely remembered there being some rides on here and was just wondering if I could tag along.
    Only a month until spring 🙂

joshvegas
    Free Member

Any other weekend and i’ll come play with my beard and rigid singlespeed.

I have zero abilities though!

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Billy-no-mates looking for a Saturday Pentland ride’ is closed to new replies.