Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Billy no mates in Finchampstead/wokingham seeks bike pals to tag along with
  • modalforces
    Free Member

after a long time out of biking I bought a new bike last year but hardly get out as the nearest mates i have who ride are a good hour away. Any one mind me tagging along, it would be good to get to know the trails around here.

gee
    Free Member

Register with the Tunnel Hill Trolls or BoB (Berks on Bikes) websites – they do rides in your area (ish).

GB

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

What Gee said!

I'm a Troll, go here – http://www.tunnelhilltrolls.co.uk

modalforces
    Free Member

Cheers, I'll check these out.

SilentSparky
    Free Member

I'll be riding over Swinley at some point over the weekend, I'm not too quick but can show you around if you want?

Dr_UpGrade
    Free Member

Am based in wokie too, and go out fairly regularly, with 2-3 mates. My email is in my profile if you want to contact me and sort out a ride sometime…

Cheers,

Mark

modalforces
    Free Member

Cheers for that Mark and SilentSparky. I've got a 3-day karate course this bank holiday weekend but will def take you up on the offers. I'll be able to do the following weekend if anyone is going out then?

Cheers

Frank

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

I'm arround most of the time, but hate the rain, well not so much the rain, just the excessive levels of mud it seems to result in, at least in the Peaks all the mud was washed away several thousand years ago!

Don't really know my way arround Swinley particulalry well, still trying to pice together a nice long loop without too much fire road.

p.s. Swinley 'requires' a permit if you want to ride there legaly, best buy it in advance as the que at the bike hire place is quite long on a sunny weekend. For £20 a year some people moan, others dont buy it, but for unlimited free use of the 000's of trails its not a bad deal. Especialy when most trail centers will ask you for £4 a day.

joolsburger
    Free Member

I work in Wokingham and ride Swinley Monday, Weds and sometimes friday around 5.45 pm

Do around two hours amd not quick, prefer to piss about on the downs and stuff though, so if you fancy a fast ride prolly not for you.

lungman

I'm based in twyford and bike most tues at swinley and most weekends localish. More than welcome to tag along. Mostly just riding with the odd sessioning dh parts. Drop me a mail in profile

cheers

Jay

boobs

I'll be out Saturday morning for a bimble if you wish. Mail in profile

cinnamon_girl

Swinley is riding incredibly fast. Popped over there yesterday and am very surprised to be in one piece. Thank goodness I wasn't on the Ti cos it would have been messy. 🙄

Nice repairs on Deer Stalker too. 😀

modalforces
    Free Member

I'm chuffed to hear from so many local bikers, much appreciated. After this weekend I'll generally be around so I'll be in touch with y'all next week. Cheers

carbon
    Free Member

Nice repairs on Deer Stalker too.

Well done Gorrick – nice to see them getting praise as well as criticism.

Spanner-Man
    Free Member

It wasn't Gorrick that made those repairs..

If you are on Facebook check out this group – http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=2589417804

Informal weekend and weekday evening rides for all abilities.

modalforces
    Free Member

I got in touch with the facebook group and posted a message, cheers for that. Anyone riding in Swinley tomorrow morning, Saturday 5th June, i could hook up with?

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘Billy no mates in Finchampstead/wokingham seeks bike pals to tag along with’ is closed to new replies.