• This topic has 17 replies, 14 voices, and was last updated 12 years ago by hora.
Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Billy Connolly – a national treasure. Route 66 on ITV…
  • grtdkad

Watched the first of the series tonight. Great IMO

There’s something about Billy that’s just so compelling and watcheable. He tells a fine tale …

Anyone else watching it?

Capt.Kronos
    Free Member

I am loving his recent re-invention of himself as the Scottish Michael Palin. Superb travel shows!

v8ninety

Hear hear.

djglover
    Free Member

Over rated hippy nob IMHO

enfht
    Free Member

Completely went off him after his Ken Bigley joke

geoffj

I find myself agreeing with the DJ 😯

tadeuszkrieger
    Free Member

I think he’s a complete dick,can’t stomache him, he renders anything anything he’s in unwatchable by gurning and laughing at everything that spews out of his mouth…..

So er no, I didn’t watch it oddly enough.

boblo
    Free Member

He’s slowing down a bit. Definitely getting getting a bit ‘old gifferish’….

Garry_Lager

An appalling, aching ballsack of a man. He was funny once, in 1973, and still manages to invade the tellyspace with his ‘compelling and watchable’ personality.

Didn’t see it like.

hora
    Free Member

I found the prog painfully slow to watch. I clockwatched a fair few times

KINGTUT
    Free Member

Irritating guff, one amusing joke about a big slipper and a guest appearance in Columbo is all I rate him for.

hora
    Free Member

He doesn’t have the charm or warmth of Bruce Parry for me. Hes just all accent and manicallness.

yunki
    Free Member

ooh… look at all the wee beige folk attempting to be controversial..!

I haven’t found him amusing since I was a teenager but if he was to lead a ferocious and brutal crusade for all that is decent and moral and just in the world I don’t think I would feel compelled to object..

franki
    Free Member

I think he’s great for these type of programs and could have watched for hours.
    I’d rather watch him just chatting to folk or the camera (love his accent!) than one of his stand-up shows, tbh.
    Seems like a top bloke to me. 🙂

hora
    Free Member

Don’t get me wrong. I find him endearing. I just don’t think the programme worked well.

Klunk
    Free Member

he’s on the list of people who get me reaching immediately for the remote.

D28boy
    Free Member

Have to say I thought he was on something for most of the prog! However I do find watching stuff about “real” America very interesting so wil watch anyway.

hora
    Free Member

Plus don’t get me wrong (probably partly why I didn’t like the prog). I really can’t see the appeal of driving down there past dull towns like ‘Normal’ etc. I’d rather do the westcoast coast ride or something else as a roadtrip.

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

The topic ‘Billy Connolly – a national treasure. Route 66 on ITV…’ is closed to new replies.