Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • Billinge woods in Blackburn. They kept that one quiet
  • binners

I was out walking yesterday and happened across the trails they've built there. I didn't know anything about them. By the looks of it, neither did anyone else. Only saw 2 people riding them. On a sunny Sunday afternoon!

I'm off for a play on the bike there tonight. They look like good fun. Any locals been riding them? I'm thinking of putting a route together to take them in in the middle

Lawmanmx
    Free Member

pictures???

grim168
    Free Member

I'm in Preston but work at samlesbury and keep meaning to have a look. Could take bike to work and go up after shift has finished.

Coyote
    Free Member

Billinge woods in Blackburn. They kept that one quiet

Not any more they haven't.

Jamie
    Free Member

Billinge woods in Blackburn. They kept that one quiet

Oh the irony.

Ecky-Thump
    Free Member

Took a quick look a couple of months back.
    Two vert short trails from the same start point on top. One's got a brief section with a rocky entry and a lip to drop off which is quite good but the rest is just loose gravel trails. Hopefully bedded in a bid since then.
    Overall – Not enough to make a ride in its own right but OK for inclusion in a cheeky night ride around that area.
    Pictures here on BAD's site

stumpyjon

There was a bit of noise around on the net when the first openned back in May I think. Not been over myself yet. Not sure it's worth the petrol. Good if you live in Blackburn though.

MrSparkle

I went when the first loop was done and found it very loose and quite 'tight' in the bends. Not seen the 2nd loop yet.

Junkyard
    Free Member

There was athread up on here and I rode and reviewed it …Binners you dont read al lmy posts you t@rd.
    Berms too tight ..you almost jacknife on them the fire road is steep up and the route is nothing special. 😳 Was not fully finished when I was there mind.
    Like Healey nab I wish it was ace and I could say nice tyhings but it is not that good
    Ps what you doing in Blackburn ?

sparrowlegs78
    Free Member

Bog off! Those are local trails for local people! lol…only kidding, come and have a play, just don't expect trail centre length stuff.
    Caz xx

footstomper
    Free Member

As mr sparkle says the first run a little tight but the second is loads better although over with very quickly (wife keeps moaning about that as well 😳 )
    Problem with the place is it is mostly roads around the area so not much chance of including it on a off road route 😥

sparrowlegs78
    Free Member

Only other bridleway in the area is Alum Scar….greasy cobbles and loose stones aboud there 😀
    Caz xx

highclimber
    Free Member

I live in manchester – is it worth the diesel to visit over Lee Quarry?

traildog
    Free Member

The corners are too narrow and the climb too steep? Sounds perfect, I will have to pop along the canal to have a ride of this.
    What's wrong with the Nab? It's my front garden and I'm quite impressed with the trails they've done there. I think they'll struggle to stand up to the winter though.

yoda
    Free Member

Ah, a Phil Saxena trail!

Morris
    Free Member

I went up there last week and came across a few fallen trees blocking parts of the trail.

Does anyone know if these have been removed yet?

Also, the surface is still very loose and is likely to erode pretty quickly.

CHUCKMORR1S
    Free Member

Bump.

loulouk
    Free Member

If someone can tell me if the trees are still down I'll pass the message on to the Councils cycling bod. He hates me already, one more irritating email from me wont go amiss ;O)

Morris
    Free Member

Loulouk – when I was there last week some guys turned up in high viz jackets and closed parts of the trail off.

Just want to know if they have cleared the way yet.

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)

The topic ‘Billinge woods in Blackburn. They kept that one quiet’ is closed to new replies.