Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Billed twice and both times excessively – how do I get my money back
  • votchy
    Free Member

Long story short – booked a deal for a meal for my parents at Marco Pierre White’s steakhouse in Birmingham, as it was a surprise I did not want them to have to worry about any costs. contacted the restaurant explaining the situation and they sent me a form. I completed the form with my card details and the offer that I had booked and returned. i took my parents to the restaurant, the waitress had the details of the booking and off they went. The following day I checked my account and there was a payment to the restaurant of a significantly increased amount to the deal I had booked. Later that day there was a second payment to the restaurant of an even larger amount. I contacted them, have itemised receipts for the 2 bills and was promised a refund in 3-10 working days. This has now elapsed and no refund has been forthcoming.

How do I proceed to obtain my refund which is in excess of £150?

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Call them, always best to find out what they have done. Then a letter probably, is it close enough to go there?

nickjb
    Free Member

If you get no joy contact the card provider and they will deal with it

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    stevextc
    Free Member

Call them by all means but also send a letter… just in case.
    TBH you can just also do as nickjb says and go through your CC …

TBH it’s probably a genuine mistake but not being chased up at their end but I’d write a letter anyway just in case.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Billed twice and both times excessively – how do I get my money back’ is closed to new replies.