Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Biking the French Alps
  • malcs2000
    Free Member

Myself and a mate are heading to the French Alps in September with the intent on riding some epic trails. We initially looked at the Tour de Mont Blanc but we now understand there may be a lot of ‘shouldering’ of the bike. We want some good technical stuff in the snowline with some more flowy cross country trails, we aren’t afraid of big climbs but want this trip to be something to brag about for years. Can anyone help with good tour operator and locations. We have looked at Les Arcs to date. Any feedback appreciated. Cheers Malcs

wallop

Do searches on here for:

White Room
    Bike Village
    Trail Addiction

jambalaya
    Free Member

IMO the best bang for your buck is to take an all inclusive guided holiday. September is the end of the summer season in a lot of places for the lift system is shutting down (or did so at end of August), as such the van uplifts of the guiding companies are very useful as well as the fact that they know the best trails. Weeks at that time of year are generally branded “back country” and are a mix of pedalling and van uplift. The one exception might be Chamonix which for “epicness” is hard to beat, there is a good trail guide book available (look on Zero-G’s website).

Holiday company suggestions – Trail Addiction, White Room Chalet

jameso

MBMB are good for Chamonix area. Had a week there a few yrs ago, some of the best trails I’ve ridden.
    I think you’ll end up doing some hike-a-bike to ride really good ‘epic’ stuff out there but it’s worth it, part of Alpine riding imo.

http://www.mbmb.co.uk/ – I’d go for the TMB with these guys.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Biking the French Alps’ is closed to new replies.