Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Biking post snip…..
  • smogmonster

I had the snip last Friday, 3 days later im doing my nut not being able to get on the bike. How long did it take fellow snippettes before you were back biking? My plan is Friday this week but the doc advised 2 weeks or whenever I feel comfortable…im hoping to hear that others were back riding a week post op….

cheshirecat
    Free Member

Don’t do what my mate did and smack his scar on the saddle about a week after the op. His bits were apparently a beautiful shade of purple for many weeks afterwards (not that he showed me, nor did I want to look).

I was running after a week (with plenty of support) and riding on the road after two weeks. No complications or infections though.

sheeps

About a week before I was back commuting (about 6 miles each way) and 10 days before a 50km epic in the dales. Little sore after that one, but nothing unbearable.

It does vary though – as a mate had about 3 weeks off ‘cos of the tenderness! (Suggesting he just MTFU didn’t seem to work either!)

mrblobby
    Free Member

Ah bugger, is two weeks the usual recommendation? Was going to kick off the process to get this done but two weeks off the road bike is not possible.

sheeps

mrblobby – do it now whilst it’s still winter, cold and mucky outside (I did mine in November a few years back for this very reason)

Sui
    Free Member

1-1.5 weeks for me, but took it easy for first few rides. Nus felt a little numb first few goes, but soon went.

honourablegeorge

You should ask the Mrs to have a hysterectomy, it’s a far less invasive procedure.

baldman
    Free Member

I felt 80-90% after just over a week, but held out to the recommended 2 weeks to make sure. No problems / complications and absolutely fine now. I decided not to rush it to make sure I didn’t increase the time of the bike – satisfied my bike needs by doing the servicing and maintenance jobs I’d been putting off!

Should say I think I had it easy compared to some folks as really didn’t hurt much after op.

mrblobby
    Free Member

mrblobby – do it now whilst it’s still winter, cold and mucky outside (I did mine in November a few years back for this very reason)

Should have done it back in Nov too. Right in the middle of winter training now. Two weeks off would not be good!

tthew

or whenever I feel comfortable

surely this is the salient part of the advice. If you feel comfortable now, or within the next couple of days, best lycra and have a short ride and see how it feels.

They’re your bollocks.

Clink

This should be ‘sticky’ thread – regular topic! 😀

scaredypants

This should be ‘sticky’ thread

😐

MoreCashThanDash

Three weeks for me – ignored the nurses advice about the other kind of riding, which dislodged the cauterised scar and it took ages to heal properly after that.

I’ve had mates have real problems by not taking it easy, it’s not worth risking it

MussEd
    Free Member

I was told two weeks. I observed this advice. It’s only two weeks, and I know two pals who didn’t and both ended up with infection/stitches coming out…

theotherjonv

@mrblobby

You do realise this is quite a big thing to go through, meaning not the op but the implications of not being able to have children / any more children. If your commitment to that is such that a few weeks off riding’s too big a price to pay, I’d revisit whether permanent and possibly irreversible sterilisation is right for you 😉

For me – after two weeks the wound was infected, so needed the site cleaned out for healing to restart (which was far worse than the op itself). After which, although the damage to my insides was healed enough to be able to ride, I was advised that subjecting my wound to extended periods bathed in sweaty chamois juice was probably inadvisable.

4 weeks in total before I was back in the saddle properly.

davewalsh
    Free Member

I felt fine after a week so went for a pootle with the kids. After a mile I’d realised I couldn’t have been more wrong. I’d give it a fortnight.

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘Biking post snip…..’ is closed to new replies.