Viewing 15 posts - 41 through 55 (of 55 total)
  • Biking in Morzine…when the lifts don't work?
  • tpbiker
    Free Member

Les Gets has been a bit of a let down to be honest, to many BMX style tracks for my liking. The canyon was fun though, as is the ride down from the top of les gets back to Morzine.

Definitely would wait until the entire resort is open next time as although we knew it wasn’t, we at least thought Morzine would be open.

wysiwyg
    Free Member

So which lifts ARE running?

legend
    Free Member

tpbiker – Member

Les Gets has been a bit of a let down to be honest, to many BMX style tracks for my liking. The canyon was fun though,

as mentioned in another thread, there are many different tracks down the Chavannes side off of the main lines, just got to keep your eyes peeled. If you haven’t be looking/finding, you’ve really been missing out!

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    legend
    Free Member

. Isn’t it a world cup downhill track?

No, never. And I’m with wysiwyg on this, the main line is crap. It was ok about 15 years ago, but just seems out of it these days (I’ve been going since 1999 and it’s stayed almost identical in all that time). If you want to see what the Pleney should be like, take a trip over to Morgins for the day

Hob-Nob
    Free Member

I’d agree, the Pleney mainline sucks, but there is literally so many variations off it you could probably ride it all day and never ride the same line twice.

Most of the locals trails vary from good to awesome 🙂

tracknicko
    Free Member

ahhhhh morgins.

emmodd
    Free Member

Care to share any of the locals trails?

weeksy

indeed, who wants to be official guide to us next Thurs for the cost of free beers 🙂

oliverd1981
    Free Member

I think the pleny was used for a couple of the IXS predecessor races.

The main problem with the whole Portes du soleil is the Morzine/Avoriaz lift company just aren’t as accommodating of bikers needs as Les Gets and Chatel, they leave gaping gaps in the service at the start and end of the season, they don’t bother publishing detailed maps, I’m not saying they’re bad, just nowhere near as good as their neighbours

boxelder

Buy a map. Hire an xc bike if you’ve only got a DH thing. Rediscover what a VTT was invented for.
    I’m not being glib – pack some butties and explore. There’s shit loads there and it’s hosing it down here!

weeksy

I’ve only got an XC bike 🙂 we won’t be seeing a DH track all week i can promise you.

Sounds ideal Box 🙂

boxelder

Years back we went up the minor road by the campsite near where you turn off the Les Gets road down into morzine – montriond? At the top of the pass, turn left and work down through the woods towards les gets. Great forest singletrack .
    Or, ride the hairpins towards Avoriaz and once on the ridge go left and work your way down to the big lake, then back to morzine via a bar or two.
    Or, from the top of the les gets lift, you can ride fire road type trails along the ridge towards morzine, then turn right for a steep descent, which brings you back round to the start of the morzine lifts.

Jealous – moi?

jambalaya
    Free Member

weeksy – Member
    I’ve only got an XC bike we won’t be seeing a DH track all week i can promise you.

I cannot remember if you are staying in Morzine or Les Gets but in LG you can ride Dans le Gaz black or pick your way down the Canyon. Just make sure your brakes are working well !

weeksy

We’re staying in Morzine.

Trailseeker
    Free Member

This might be usefull Morzine blog
    Although the latest post shows biblical rain storms 😥

Viewing 15 posts - 41 through 55 (of 55 total)

The topic ‘Biking in Morzine…when the lifts don't work?’ is closed to new replies.