Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Biking in Chamonix – July 18th – 24th
  • stevea123
    Free Member

Bit of advice please, I am going to Chamonix on July 18th – 24th – for a week, I’m looking to do some “endure” type riding but I’ve heard some of the trails are closed that time of year (July) for walkers. Will there still be plenty of the big scenic routes open to ride? Will all the trails worth riding be open for bikes?

The type of stuff we are looking to ride are; natural descents, long flowing descents and big scenic routes. We may do one day uplift/downhill if it’s open…so a bit of everything really.

Any advice on trails I can/can’t ride at these times would be great,

Thanks,

Grump
    Free Member

Hi Stevea
    You’re right, most of the trails in the Chamonix valley are banned for mtb in July and August. There are a few of the classic trails still open though and for a day or 2 they would easily keep you occupied. The trails at either end of the valley, Les Houches heading towards St Gervais and Le Tour heading into Switzerland are not part of the Chamonix ban however, and there are more than enough trails there to keep you going!
    For more help check out the chamonix bike book and the chamonix bike blog both of which have info on bike ban compliant trails.

As a wee aside, please please please don’t ride the Posettes trail during the bike ban as it’s a really contentious issue locally and we’re kinda keen not to loose what access we have right now!

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

The topic ‘Biking in Chamonix – July 18th – 24th’ is closed to new replies.