Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Biking Holiday destinations
  • theoc
    Free Member

Hi

I’m looking to book a biking holiday for me and my mrs who has been biking for a year. So basically looking for a good destination with up lifts and decent weather in September?

bigbadbob
    Free Member

Puremountains in Spain. They can tailor the daily riding to your requirements. More XC than DH though. They have a support vehicle too, if it gets a bit too hot or techie. We are going for our 3rd time this September.

theoc
    Free Member

I’ll look into that. Spain looks like a good option

Munqe-chick
    Free Member

Spain is potentially a good option, LOADS of companies out there, Ciclo Montana etc (I wouldn’t recommend Sierra Cycling).

Alternatively http://www.cycleactive.co.uk to Morocco, although Cycle active have loads of hols Slovenia etc look quite cool definitely worth the money too.

Onzadog
    Free Member

Drop Doug a line as BasqueMTB. 8 of us have just come back from an amazing week there. Easily the best mountain bike holiday I’ve ever been on. Not lift assisted but it does include some uplift to minimise the time you spend climbing. We went out with a mixed ability group and everyone had a great time of it.

coolhandluke
    Free Member

We’re off to visit Andorra next week with Singletrack Aari after too many years going to Les Gets, Morzine, Les Arcs etc.

I’ll let you know how it is in a few weeks.

Should add, we had a superb time at the White Room a few years ago, chalet wasn’t great for two of the party but my room was ace and I believe they have a new chalet now anyway.

Trail addiction was good but riding in White Room was better and better planned.

All our DIY holidays have had varying degrees of success and failure. I feel we’re better doing a holiday with a guided holiday company IMO

davidisaacs
    Free Member

Hi Danny, please check us out at http://www.bikingandalucia.com, Sierra Nevada, Andalucia, Southern Spain, some of our routes have a 1200 metres downhill bias, and we have the best weather in Europe,our swimming pool will be welcome in September! and all at a reasonable cost.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

+1 for White Room, speak to them about what you do etc before booking and see whats going on. Great Guys

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Biking Holiday destinations’ is closed to new replies.