Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Biking from the doorstep of South Cerney, Gloucestershire
  • bubs

Hello – I soon have to spend 3 days in South Cerney, Gloucestershire. I was planning to escape in the evenings for some riding but it looks very watery and therefore flat. How far to I need to venture to find some good riding or is there some flat, fast fun to be had locally.

IHN

Ripping round the water park can be an entertaining hour; flat, but fast (and picturesque). It’s perfectly suited for gravel/gnaarmac/cx/hardtail type bikes.

For hills you need to go North of Cirencester really.

When are you around? I’m in Ciren and could probably show you about a bit, either round the waterpark or from Ciren.

poey50
    Free Member

The Croft trail is not too far away.

Croft Trail

bubs

I should find out if I can escape and/or when I can escape early next week. The water park should be handy for a stolen 1hr ride and if I get more time the croft trail looks interesting (I assume neither need huge local knowledge to find the way round). Hardtail seems the most appropriate.

IHN

No knowledge needed for the water park, map maybe.

Croft is good fun, but it’s only ‘ickle. It’ll take you as long to drive there from Cerney as it does to do a lap. You can of course do more than one lap.

mtbguiding
    Free Member

I put an Easy route in MBR from the water park. May have a GPX if you want it but it was all pretty straightforward. Best to email me – address in profile. Check out MB Swindon on Facebook, some members may be able to advise!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Biking from the doorstep of South Cerney, Gloucestershire’ is closed to new replies.