Viewing 18 posts - 41 through 58 (of 58 total)
  • Biking Cake Shop of the Year Contender?
  • Drac

Barrowburn tearooms Alwinton. Huge cakes bargain prices and bottomless tea or coffee to go with it.

£1.50 for a big cafeteria of proper coffee with free refill.

ononeorange

"No pics but the cafe at Chessell Pottery on the Isle of Wight does amazing squares of bread pudding dished out by winsome darlingbud serving wenches. Mmm! "

Sorry StefMcDef, pictures are definitely required for a final judging decision. You'll just have to go back and get some.

on_the_rivet
    Free Member

Am I the only one who finds it unusual the amount of people who have actually taken photos of the cakes they've eaten?

juan
    Free Member

I think it is – great cakes and the have a bird feeding/ viewing station right outside the window so you get to see loads of great tits

Well to be fair it's when I pootle around the sea front in summer down here that I see the biggest number of tits.

Nowhere in France can be included. THEY CANNOT MAKE TEA THERE!!!!!!

LOL if by tea you mean the manky black stuff you have to drawn in sugar and milk to be drinkable so yes French can not make this gobshite… Now if we're talking about proper tea, made with leaves, brewed at the correct temperature and the correct time… Yes we can 😀

CaptainMainwaring
    Free Member

eckinspain – Member

Sorry but for Aviemore, the Ord Ban at Rothiemurcus does it for me. About the best cakes ever, anywhere let alone convenient for biking

Jeez, this route could take a while if we stop at all of them.

CaptainMainwaring, would you be able to send me the exact location of it? Is this right?

Sorry for the delayed reply. Yup, it's right there in the middle. IIRC it's called the Rothiemurcus Visitor Centre – can't miss it, and it's also only about 100m from Bothy Bikes

trail_rat
    Free Member

strathpeffer railway cafe does it for me good cake , good coffee – does a mean black pudding too – from the butchers in dingwall which has loads of awards for em apparently- propper weighty puddin anyway

trail_rat
    Free Member

and cafe sunart i think it is in strontian – excellent after riding up the loch from glenfinnan

AlasdairMc

The Old Library Tearoom in Balquhidder does it for me.

Big chocolate cakes and Earl Grey by the pot, all served in fine china. No photos sadly, too busy eating…

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

geoffj – Member

Mountain Cafe in Aviemore! Best cakes and selection I've seen.
    +1

HO-LEEEE CRAP! I gotta get me some of those bad boys! 😀

Om-nom-nom!

eckinspain
    Free Member

and it's also only about 100m from Bothy Bikes

Thanks Captain – good to know about Bothy Bikes too.

trail_rat
    Free Member

good to know about Bothy Bikes too.

blingadingding … more bling there than your average nichefest ! awesome shop with awesome guys … say hi to the bearded troll (gordo) for me :d

juan
    Free Member

I remember that both cake shop I tried last year were good.
    One was in scotland (druidh led us there).
    And the other one was in cumbria, excellent choice from the foxychick family.

CaptainMainwaring
    Free Member

trail_rat – Member
    good to know about Bothy Bikes too.

blingadingding … more bling there than your average nichefest ! awesome shop with awesome guys … say hi to the bearded troll (gordo) for me :d

Some seriously good kit in there including two or three carbon Santa Cruz frames hanging on the wall. Never not been able to buy what I needed, including some fairly obscure bits, and decent pricing

One item I just saw on the Ord Ban breakfast menu – power porridge with dates, apples, roast hazlenuts and black treacle. Nom nom nom

FOG

Another vote for the Barrowburn Tea rooms in Upper Coquetdale*. Great food, loverly people and great trails
    * I pronounced that wrong, my wife is a proper Northumbrian and she claims I say it wrong every time.

juan
    Free Member

FOG tell your wife she stops complaining… She should hear me first.

keavo
    Free Member

stonehouse bakery at danby. outstanding.

teagirl
    Free Member

Although not a biking cafe, there is a gold star cafe called No.10 at the bottom of the cobbled street in Haworth. She only serves cakes, no savouries and everything is homemade and I can tell you, they are the best cakes in the world and I know my cakes! She does the best tea and coffee too! There is seating outside.
    Memo to self, make time to go v. soon….

singlespeedstu

The Ellan Valley visitor center has to be in with a shout for their grasshopper pie.

Viewing 18 posts - 41 through 58 (of 58 total)

The topic ‘Biking Cake Shop of the Year Contender?’ is closed to new replies.