Viewing 23 posts - 41 through 63 (of 63 total)
  • Biking 'bum bags'
  • stumpy01

Does the thinnish waist band not dig in around the front? Do you use it on the road bike or mtb (erm, or both?)….

hora
    Free Member

Only just received it- the side pockets straps literally reach the whole way round though. Will give it a try abit later. If the straps do dig in I’ll use some strap protector pads off an old Dakine backpack.

jaffejoffer
    Free Member

i got one of thesse Northface enduro belts, (awful name granted) but is good for short local rides as i dont have any cage bosses on my current bike. can get a tube & a lever in that mesh pocket, other shit just in my shorts pockets and away i go.

hora
    Free Member

TBH- with that and properly hydrating yourself before a ride you’d easily get a 2hour ride in. Thats what most people do. Of course 4hours you’d need a water refill point (cafe etc) or a backpack.

therag
    Free Member

I’ve recently started using a camelbak bumbag.
    It came with a reservoir, but Ive not used that. Just keep a pump, tube, lever, multi tool & a gel with stacks of room left.
    Don’t think I’ll go back to a back pack.

thomthumb
    Free Member

Ok I sent back the Osprey. and instead…

🙄

weeksy

I think the internet may have broken me 🙁

Please don’t let this become fashionable 🙁

hora
    Free Member

The Osprey stood out/with the two bottles (the angle) it felt like there were alot of big gaps etc for alot of mud and grit to ‘sit’.

Well made yet seemed alittle too light (flimsy).

scuttler

Model’s own

PimpmasterJazz
    Free Member

Ideally one that can take a bottle too but isn’t a big wingnut.

I had my Wingnut schpiel all lined up and ready too!

endurokid
    Free Member

@Hora.

Can you post a link to the new pack you bought?

I’m looking for something simlar to race Enduro this year as most races are short enough not to warrant a full pack, but i’d still like the option of carrying the basic tools and at least one bottle.

dingleberry
    Free Member

I saw one of these a while ago that looked great, but am struggling to remember what it was… It was the usual bumbag type of thing, but with shoulder straps, and a bladder rather than a bottle. Wasn’t the Camelbak one, because that doesn’t have the shoulder straps. Wasn’t a Wingnut either.

Any ideas?

hora
    Free Member
    hora
    Free Member

PS. I really struggled to find them in stock in the UK.

Northwind

I’ve got a wee camelbak runner thing, space for a bottle (though it doesn’t like big ones), a multitool, a couple of packs of emergency haribo- I like just being able to grab it and go. I had to add an extra strap to keep bottles in as it’s really not designed for mountain bikes, but it works pretty well. I can squeeze in a skinny tube and a co2 can but I don’t, generally, it gets a bit bulgey.

Basically, it’s alright, it’s not bad and it didn’t come with any Enduro Tax. But I’m not totally convinced, for anything longer than a quick blast I want more stuff than it can carry, and I can’t see any reason to use a bigger one instead of a camelbak.

Del

The Osprey stood out/with the two bottles (the angle) it felt like there were alot of big gaps etc for alot of mud and grit to ‘sit’.

Well made yet seemed alittle too light (flimsy).
    had one for 2 or 3 years. it’s excellent. you’ve a vivid imagination.

hora
    Free Member

Defensive? Is it because it looks fruity with the tattoo like graphics?

Bumbag fight?..

ElShalimo

Rock&Run are flogging Lowe Alpine waist packs at low prices. Clicky

I use the Mesa on long rides where I need tools, snacks and extra layers, tubes etc. (Bottles in bottle cages so just for carrying other bits)

hora
    Free Member

Ok heres a pic of the Deuter. Doesn’t seem to stick out much either. I only noticed it was there when I turned and bumped it into something (i.e. farm gate).

When it gets to Summer – (I’m all ears) I’d like to look more at the camelbak version interms of how that 1.5l of water sits/moves/feels weightwise.

Anyway, heres a picture of my fanny (my Specialized pump sits in that vertical zipped-compartment):

stumpy01

ElShalimo – Member

Rock&Run are flogging Lowe Alpine waist packs at low prices. Clicky

I use the Mesa on long rides where I need tools, snacks and extra layers, tubes etc. (Bottles in bottle cages so just for carrying other bits)

Tempted to get one of those Lowe Alpine ones – if only to wind my mates up who think they are a stupid idea…

hora
    Free Member

Well I tried as I’m sick of backpacks. Hate them. Then I got sick of putting tubes etc in my pockets. I’m going to use one/or similar on the road bike too so I can carry more (a waterproof of some sort).

brassneck

Fine for a quick way to carry some basic spares (so you can clip and go) but I found putting bottles in them gave me colossal back ache.
    Then bought a Camelbak Charge and decided it wasn’t really any more hassle and much more comfy – so I go with this or bottles and jersey pockets now.

TurnerGuy
    Free Member

I use a Dakine Shuttle which is pretty small, secure on your back and can carry up to a couple of litres of water – although I don’t put that much in unless I am on a longer ride.

Used to use a NF bumbag when I first started which was OK – main advantage is that you don’t sweat a lot from the base of your back.

Viewing 23 posts - 41 through 63 (of 63 total)

The topic ‘Biking 'bum bags'’ is closed to new replies.