Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • Biking Bum Bag – whats out there these days?
  • mcmoonter
    Free Member

Back in the pre Camelbak days bum bags ruled. Are there still good hikey bikey bum bags out there?

cynic-al
    Free Member

I may have an old Agu Sport you can swap for a mint 600 sis rear mech (short cage) or a pair of grab-on grips?

philconsequence
    Free Member
    brant
    Free Member

Due to my broken collarbone healing with a big "lump" – I've gone back to a bumbag. I'm using a Camelbak one from 10yrs (or more) ago.

SprocketJockey
    Free Member

Osprey do one called the Talon 4. Their stuff is generally pretty good:

http://www.ospreypacks.com/Packs/TalonSeriesMultiUse/Talon4/

Funnily enough, Camelbak also do their own version using their "un bottle" er bottle, although it would barely fit in a multi tool and spare tube. My wife has got one for running.

SprocketJockey
    Free Member

philconsequence – I believe that comes with it's own integral crudcomb (TM) for removing clag-nuts and dingleberries.

Kojaklollipop
    Free Member

The quality of Karrimor stuff these days is shocking, poor materials and finish so I'd avoid, Lowe Alpine used to do some good one's, I've got one that must be about 15 years old but don't know if they still do them, come up on ebay often and you can get one that'll carry a bottle too?

ibnchris

I used to use a bum bag but it knackered my back on long day rides. Thought of using a big saddle bag? I use the lage ortlieb one and it fits waterproof, tools and snacks in nicely. And you don't notice it anywhere near as much as you'd think. Anything else in the back pocket of a jersey.

mcmoonter
    Free Member

I had an Alpine Lowe one back in the day. I'll have a scout around and see if I can find another.

I may have an old Agu Sport you can swap for a mint 600 sis rear mech (short cage) or a pair of grab-on grips?

Al, I do have a pair of NOS grab on grips. Slim road ones though.

chutney13
    Free Member

innovate and nathan do them for running. i got a nathan one with a bottle and enough space for basic tools & inner.

cynic-al
    Free Member

Al, I do have a pair of NOS grab on grips. Slim road ones though.

"slim" LOL. Are you wrapping your bar tape over it? 😀

rootes1

fanny pack? 😆

scottyjohn
    Free Member

Cotswolds have a couple in store of different sizes, both Lowe Alpine IIRC. Thought about them too for short trips

tang
    Free Member

mountainsmith from the states. ive got and older marmot one which is great.

CraigW
    Free Member

I use an Inov-8 Race Elite 3 for hill running etc, it takes a bottle plus has space for a lightweight jacket / trousers and gloves etc. I also wear it when cycling to the start of the run, its fairly comfortable for that.
    Inov-8 also make bum bags which take hydration packs etc.

Or this from OMM: http://www.theomm.com/products/packs/UltraWaistPouch.html
    Or something like this classic Pete Bland bag seems popular with hill runners: http://www.peteblandsports.co.uk/products/pete-bland-bumbag.htm

chutney13
    Free Member

would say riding with a bottle strapped to your waist can lead to much pain whe you fall off. so maybe the innov8 hydration thingy might be better. could act as padding.

mtb_rossi
    Free Member

I use a Camelbak FlashFlo. £25 comes with bladder if you want to use it. Perfect for short rides.

mcmoonter
    Free Member

I'm liking the look of the Mountainsmith stuff. I wonder if REI stock it?

mcmoonter
    Free Member

They even do dog panniers! $55 – Pimp my hound

rootes1

dog panniers you say….hmmm has idea

Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)

The topic ‘Biking Bum Bag – whats out there these days?’ is closed to new replies.