Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Biking at Beecraigs?
  • stevenmenmuir
    Free Member

Anybody know anything about the riding at Beecraigs. I just looked at an old video on U tube and it looked promising. Bit like Drumlanrig maybe.

druidh
    Free Member

I’ve been round there once. There’s lots of wee tracks heading through the tress, but being new to it, I couldn’t really work out a good way of joining them up. Worth exploring further if you’re local though.

ti_pin_man
    Free Member

good for a night ride but not as big as drumlanrig. busy over the weekends with walkers etc. google the mtbscotland yahoo group I think they still ride it occasionally as a night ride.

ChrisL

Hi Steve. The mtbscotland Yahoo group can be found at http://sports.groups.yahoo.com/group/mtbscotland/. It is also available via a web forum at http://forums.mtbscotland.net, though that’s suffering from spammer registration requests just now – so if you want a login to the forum, register then email me (you should be able to find my address off the trailfairies list) and I’ll activate the account.

Though I haven’t been on one for ages other mtbscotlanders have been night riding at Beecraigs quite regularly. I’m sure they’d be delighted to see a new face next time they head along there.

marty
    Free Member

i used to live at the bottom of the hill in Linlithgow – it’s a turn up and follow your nose sort of a place. nowhere near the amount of riding that’s at drumlanrig, but if you’re local or passing then it’s worth a bit of an explore.

mysterymurdoch
    Free Member

There are some very nice sections at beecraigs. You can ride for up to a couple of hours without really repeating yourself, and can combine it with some riding in the surrounding area with only a couple of miles of road.

There are a couple of nice fast swoopy tracks, plenty roots and technical obstacles (little wooden bridge over a ditch with a VERY rooty approach, couple of skinnies across ditches, step climbs etc etc), and at least two scary steep but rideable chutes (both near the top of the footpath that has a name, though can’t remember what they call it). There are a lot of trails through other sections of the forest that are largely unridden so you can beat your own track if you’re regular. Don’t be lazy and take the car…the ride up the hill will do you good.

Are you living in Linlithgow?

Haribo
    Free Member

mystery – i fell down the stairs after that rooty approach into the burn which is v v v rocky when dry 😆

i live at the bottom of the hill, a fair warm up but can be good for a 2 hr plus loop if you cross across to muiravonside, back down the canal then finish with the sometmies tasty singletrack along the river (which conveniently stops 1 min from the bridge pub)

havent been up for a while as it is likely deep mud in places but send us an email and i would be happy to show you around. If you live in linlithgow bear in mind that blairadam forest is only 20min drive away and is essentially a bigger version of beecraigs.

the footpath with a name is guthries path which has a couple of big drops located at the top near the bombhole. the path itself is a good rocky descent.

mysterymurdoch
    Free Member

There’s another drop at the top of guthries path…from the open ‘play area’ at the top, there’s a track slightly to the right of guthries path which joins the main path after a short while. Take this path though and there’s what looks like a dead end…just go straight through the shrubbery and hang on for a belter of a drop! Get on the anchors ready to stop right at the bottom though or you take a dive into the leaves over a natural wall!

stevenmenmuir
    Free Member

I’d be well up for that Haribo. A couple of mates and I are looking for stuff we can do thats not too far from Edinburgh, night riding mostly. Would Blairadam be better at this time of year. Everywhere is a bit muddy at the moment.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Biking at Beecraigs?’ is closed to new replies.