Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Biking around Sorrento
  • extremenik
    Free Member

Does anyone now of any trail around Sorrento?

jekkyl

oh lucky man who would have that chance. I’d imagine there is plenty, all through the hills to Amalfi? perhaps consider hopping over to Capri as the island is quite hilly and I’m sure would prove fruitful. Sorry I can’t help you more. Be sure to take plenty pics and do a thread write up when you get back. I’d love to see and hear about it. thanks.

13thfloormonk

A wee walk report I did after spending a day above the Amalfi coast

https://www.walkhighlands.co.uk/Forum/viewtopic.php?f=16&t=64102

In particular, the tracks on the hillside above Bomerano (leading down from Colle Garofalo) had definitely been used by the local DH brigade, fast loose and rocky, looked awesome fun. This would lead on to the Sentiero degli Dei which is a famous hiking trail (Path of the Gods). It’s stunning, and I think there’s probably some excellent riding to be had on it although not 100% rideable and finishes with a crazy long set of steep steps 8)

The hiking trails in the region are awesome, probably as they’re used by people still working the land, and I’m sure you could get into some mountains form Sorrento. Just be aware they build a lot of steps so you’ll inevitably end up riding steps.

I’d be almost inclined to suggest taking a road bike instead (tag on Vesuvius for bragging rights) and just enjoy the beautiful hiking, the hop-on hop-off buses are great for linking together A-B hikes.

jekkyl

loving that write up 13thfloor, sitting in my last 30 mins at work enjoying that tremendously.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Biking around Sorrento’ is closed to new replies.