Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Biking around Preseli Wales
  • exorcist
    Free Member

Good evening all.
    The wife has finally booked a cottage in or near the Preseli hills (you know what it’s like.)
    Is there any good biking to be had?
    I class myself as “Almost AM”, but I’m closer to the XC end with a stead way more capable of AM than I am.

Thank you all in hopeful advance

cloudnine
    Free Member

There was a STW ride article about a year ago for the preselis (cant remember the issue number). It does have to be dry too as it can be boggy. Brechfa aint too far and theres plenty of cheeky riding to be had on the coast.

Ambrose

exorcist- where/ when are you staying? I’m sort of local, living about an hour away. I might be able to guide you around the Prescelli Hills (can be boggy) or join you at Brechfa.

Ambrose

nickhart
    Free Member

Take a road bike, stunning scenery and some cracking back roads. I’ve been going down there for eighteen years since meeting the wife’s family and have never found more than a couple of miles off road with loads of road in between. I’m going to go over to brechfa when my nephews ankle has fixed and see what that’s like.
    Road yes, mtb, not really.
    Lave the bikes completely and get in touch with cardigan bay active and do some coasteering. Brilliant fun and very exhilarating. Or go to st David’s and go out on the jet boat, white sands beach is stunning, st David’s cathedral is awe inspiring even for a spiritual nomad like me.
    Curry at the royal oak in Newport, slow service but good grub.
    Newport beach, Newgale beach is great to have a go at surfing and they hire boards and kit there.
    Go karting at haverfordwest, the coastal path, especially near abereiddi. Find st govans near the Lilly ponds. No time for biking…

lister

I live here. There is no mountain biking. It is frustrating. There is potential stuff everywhere but it’s all wet and claggy in a bad way.
    As others have said, spend your time here doing other things.

exorcist
    Free Member

Thank you all for the info. Seems like I might just take the road bike to keep the legs turning and take in some views. I’d not heard of ooasteering, but have to give that a try, maybe 🙂
    Thanks for the offer Ambrose

cloudnine
    Free Member

Theres trails all over pembrokeshire.. nothing long or epic but not all claggy and crap.. I have spent quite alot of time here

lister

So Cloudnine, any clues about where that may be? Pretty please? My email is in my profile… 🙂 And I’m very good at keeping secrets.
    I might have some ideas but I’d love to know, and help keep them looking so nice…

nickhart
    Free Member

These are the peeps my nephew works for. Coasteering

cloudnine
    Free Member

Lister.. ygm

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Biking around Preseli Wales’ is closed to new replies.