Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Biking around Ironbridge/Severn Valley?
  • bowglie

I’ve got to attend a meeting/conference at Ironbridge Museum next month – just wondered whether to add a couple of days on and take the bikes.

Anyone know if there is any decent half-dayish rides around there? (the only place names that seem to ring bells are Long Mynd, Church Streeton, Wrekin…er..but I might be miles out)

My other plan was to stay somewhere close to the Severn Valley Railway, then try and link some riding in with the Choo Choos!) – anyone know if this is feasible?

lunge

There is plenty on long Mynd and The Wrekin. Also some stuff at the Wyre Forest which isn’t far away either.

shinsplints

When are you staying ? I could show you around..

Send me an e mail : rollason73@hotmail.com

watly_biker
    Free Member

Great riding on the long mynd ( which is church stretton)and stiperstones ( which is nearby) – its about 40 mins from Ironbridge. There is also good riding around Ludlow (Hopton Woods and Mortimer forest ( about 40-50 mins away) Don’t know about the Wrekin but I expect there are some routes.

snapper036
    Free Member

you could come a bit further south and try the wyre forest

bowglie

Had a couple of emails this af’noon relating to the Ironbridge meeting, looks like I’m going to have to do some serious manouvering to get a bit of ride time.

Wyre Forest sounds interesting. Something fairly beginner(ish) friendly riding might be good, as the wife fancies a few days away aswell now (I can see this is going to turn into a proper holiday, with a quick ‘show my face for an hour’ type meeting at the beginning….er well, if my plan comes off;)

Shinsplints – ta for the offer, I’ll bear it in mind and let you know when & where we’re staying.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Biking around Ironbridge/Severn Valley?’ is closed to new replies.