Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Biking around Barrow and South Lakes
  • el-Gato-Negro
    Free Member

I’m going to be working in the Barrow area for a couple of weeks.

I’m thinking of taking my bike and getting out in the evenings. Other than heading to TNF trail, can anyone suggest/recommend any 2/3hr routes?

I’ll have a car so, getting out of Barrow isn’t a problem.

Any inspiration greatly received, Barrow can be dull in the evenings.

crazy-legs

I’m going to be working in the Barrow area for a couple of weeks.

You have my deepest sympathy.

Any inspiration greatly received, Barrow can be is dull in the evenings at all times.

FTFY.
    Try the Lakes Guide Book from Vertebrate Graphics, that’s about the best starting point, loads of routes in there within easy access of S.Lakes.

davidtaylforth
    Free Member

Your spoilt for choice in barrow – Ormsgill skate park, Walney skate park, Barrow skate park and if you dont mind driving, Ulverston skate park.

But I reckon you’d be best doing stuff round Grizedale (not the NFT) and Coniston and Blawith Common.

Capt.Kronos
    Free Member

Black Combe, some stuff up Bank House Moor/Gunnerson Heights (not tried everything up that way yet myself just seen the lines on the maps), Blawith/Summerthwaite Common/Woodland Fell is quite fun for that kind of a length ride too. Duddon/Ulpha/Corney too perhaps???

jwt
    Free Member

Try posting up HERE and see if anyone is up for a ride, the options already posted above will work if you can navigate ok.

grum
    Free Member

Black Combe is very close. You’re not too far from Grizedale, or Torver from where you can do the Walna Scar Road.

SprocketJockey
    Free Member

Bit more of a trek (about 45 mins), but some really good riding around Kentmere – Have a crack at the Garburn Pass if you get the chance.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Biking around Barrow and South Lakes’ is closed to new replies.