Viewing 5 posts - 81 through 85 (of 85 total)
  • Biking and dogs?
  • andybloomer
    Free Member

Maybe I should’ve said something…got me thinking now, cheers, maybe we’re a bit too British and don’t complain enough.

So there you go, my position statement. I’m all for allowing public right of way on public trails but some common sense should be shown on a trail centre that everyone knows is over run with mountain bikers moving at speed. The last thing I want to see when I’m descending and come round a switch back is a startled dog launching itself in to my spokes and sending me in to the undergrowth. Don’t walk your dog at a trail centre, Cannock chase is massive, go elsewhere.

SixFootTwo
    Free Member

So I have 2 dogs, one of which occasionally comes out with me on the bike when I know she can manage the distance/pace. She tags behind and hasn’t caused a crash and having had a couple of rubs of the front wheel when she was younger knows the best spot to position herself in, she doesn’t bite or bark at bikes and is uber friendly……however this weekend up in the Surrey Hills (minus dog) I was out with a mate and 2 little yappy things came running alongside of us and one bit my 510/foot. It was a small dog so it wasnt going to hurt unless it went for my ankle but it didn’t. The two mums out with pushchairs saw this happen and didn’t bat a bloody eyelid (hunters, barbours and a Surrey accent) and the more I have thought about it the more pissed off I’ve got, wishing I had remonstrated them at the time, bit late now.

fr0sty125
    Free Member

I have never had a problem with trail dogs but I have had problems with dogs belonging to walkers and children belonging to walkers…. Don’t get me wrong I don’t think they should be banned but sometimes their owners should really be paying more attention to what is going on for their safety if nothing else..

richc
    Free Member

children belonging to walkers…. Don’t get me wrong I don’t think they should be banned but sometimes their owners should really be paying more attention to what is going on for their safety if nothing else..

That bit made me smile…….. 🙂

oldnpastit

Dogs+bikes+children = brilliant fun!

But, just need to be sensible.

I took one of my children and our springer to Thetford yesterday. BCP was heaving (car park full, cafe full) so went across to Santon Downham which was deserted. Me, son and dog had an amazing time.

(Well, until my son’s rear inner tube blew out through the sidewall. I then cycled back to the car at what I thought was as fast as possible, to be greeted by our dog a few seconds later, who I thought was back looking after my son).

Viewing 5 posts - 81 through 85 (of 85 total)

The topic ‘Biking and dogs?’ is closed to new replies.