Viewing 13 posts - 41 through 53 (of 53 total)
  • Biking aims, goals, targets ? Aspirations maybe ?
  • yunki
    Free Member

welllll… Since the kids changed schools and I could no longer do the school run by bike, I’ve lost a lot of fitness and enthusiasm for riding..
    I used to ride to see how fit I could get I suppose..

We’ve been talking for a few years about a big Pyrenees tour, but what’s really inspired me and completely given me the riding bug again, is the idea of doing a solo 12 hour attempt at Pivot 24/12 next year

I can’t stay off the bike at the moment, and I’m even giving up the fags again next month 🙂

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Understood Mike but I’d say whole enchilada as well Slickrock has it’s place in history and I want to do it

Basically what the guy in the shop predicted 😉 get out there early and take plenty of water there is very little shade!
    I was lucky enough to tick that off along with a trip to rampage last year, think queenstown is on the list now or maybe thredbo cannonball

paulneenan76
    Free Member

1. Get on the trails with my new bike – did an Evans ride on Saturday but it doesn’t really count
    2. Get a day with Jedi – new bike means better skills and for the most part that means air!
    3. Surrey Hills – never been
    4. More Wales – only ever do Afan
    5. Snowdon – never even walked up but really want to ride it
    6. Abroad – Alpine woods and mountain runs
    7. Abroad – Canada or US
    8. Continue to enjoy it – That’ll do.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    maxtorque

Try to turn my limited air skills into more stylish ones…… 😀

fifeandy
    Free Member

Something endurance based most likely.
    Either a top 20 solo at Relentless or a 300mi 24hr road ride.
    Maybe even relearn to run and swim and try for an ironman in 2018.
    Need to have a think about it, as what i want most for the next 2 weeks is a rest!

Cheezpleez

Highland Trail 550 in 2018.

flashinthepan
    Free Member

Short term: ride more miles in winter.

Medium term: 2 day bikepacking of the Ridgeway.

Long term 1: To keep fit enough to be able to keep pace with my 16 year old twins around Swinley blue when I’m 50 (I’m 46 now). (Yeah, right 😉 )

Long term 2: To do a ‘significant’ bikepacking tour. No idea where (UK) but at least a week

farm-boy

I was lucky enough to tick that off along with a trip to rampage last year, think queenstown is on the list now or maybe thredbo cannonball

Cannonball trail, as in the DH trail, or just Thredbo in general? Cannonball is ok, but the new All Mountain trail is going to be the jewel. You’d want different bikes for these trails. Either of those bikes are good for the Flow trail. TVT for a nice cruise.

Or just go to Queenstown which is head and shoulders better.

xyeti
    Free Member

I need to try and get the festive 500 nipped off on that there STRAVA, last years wind was just too dangerous to ride in.
    My mate did it and got a cloth badge, he sewed it on one of his jersey pockets and every time it’s made an appearance this year it’s niggled me. I’m hoping this will also count towards my annual total miles cycled which should be more than those driven in my car?

Enter more events, both road and MTB, I’ve started booking now but I’m struggling to hand over money now for something that’s not even on the horizon yet. It feels a bit like going to them shit pubs where you have to pay for food that you haven’t even eaten, then when it turns up you just feel obliged not to complain. Already booked Ard’ Rock, Velothon Wales, Amstel Gold, AND trying not to moan about it.

Lastly, I need to decide between a biking holiday, Allp’s MTB again or Mallorca roady riding for first time.

richpips
    Free Member

Strathpuffer and HTR550 again with my boy for early doors next year.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Cannonball trail, as in the DH trail, or just Thredbo in general?

The race weekend, race all bar the whip off next year I hope 🙂
    Planning a visit off the back of some Blue Dirt Shuttles at Bright and Falls this year.
    NZ might have to wait until work flies me over again

farm-boy

Oh yeah the Cannonball MTB Festival. Thredbo need to get more imaginative with their names. I’ve just moved a trip to Thredders forward a week to avoid that, but that’s just me.

And yep Bright is looking even more attractive with Mystic Hero hopefully opening before I am there in Feb.

whitestone
    Free Member

Now that I’m posting to the correct thread :roll:, which is the Loughrigg Terrace climb talked about above? This one (helpfully named Loughrigg Terrace by the OS) http://streetmap.co.uk/map.srf?X=334843&Y=506027&A=Y&Z=115 or this http://streetmap.co.uk/map.srf?X=337049&Y=504494&A=Y&Z=115 ?

I’ve always been down the former but up the latter.

Viewing 13 posts - 41 through 53 (of 53 total)

The topic ‘Biking aims, goals, targets ? Aspirations maybe ?’ is closed to new replies.