Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Bikescene Stumpjumper frame help
  • MoseyMTB
    Free Member

Hi,

Did anyone buy one of the cheap Stumpjumpers on Bikescene?

If so can you let me know how the headset works? Does it come with bearings or would i need to source them?

Did anyone put an aftermarket headset in? Think it is IS so i’m guessing you only put bearings in?

Thanks

Tracey

Bought a S Works Carbon one for Kevin at Christmas from them. It came with a full headset and bottom bracket.

PJM1974
    Free Member

If it’s Campy style, they normally just sit in the cups and are tensioned via the star nut. My Camber (sourced from BikeScene) also came with an FSA headset.

MoseyMTB
    Free Member

was it from the clearance section?

Looking at the 2012 Stumpjumper comp and it says frame and shock only.

Can’t seem to find what headset would need and bikescene haven’t replied yet.

MoseyMTB
    Free Member

Ah, brilliant hopefully it will then.

tomaso
    Free Member

Specialized’s website has a section with all the manuals on it under the support tab. These are quite comprehensive and should say what headset bearings it requires.

If not I’ve found McConvey cycles good for spesh bits. Failing that an Spesh Concept store will sort you out.

MoseyMTB
    Free Member

Right thanks, So i take it the cups are already part of the frame and all you put in are bearings?

Tracey

Yes it was in their clearance section. Had a box inside with all the bits needed.

MoseyMTB
    Free Member

Thanks Tracey.

Guess i’ll get one ordered then 🙂

Hob-Nob
    Free Member

Effectively, there are no cups. The bearings just side directly on the inside of the head tube.

Not a great design, but nothing you can do about it.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Bikescene Stumpjumper frame help’ is closed to new replies.